I'm Back, but i'm back at Day 1

WeegieWoman

Hello Everybody!!!  As the title says, I am back at day 1 unfortunately, but im here and im ready to do this all over again.  Smoked my last cig last night, had a bath and got a patch on.  And I must admit, so far so bloody good 🙂 I've had one of two fleeting thoughts of 'its fag time', but i just say, 'i dont smoke' and it goes away. I made the decision on Saturday to quit again, and having those few days has really prepared me and got my head in the game.  Ive got my patches, ive signed up for the nhs stop smoking group thing, and ive came here, and I must say coming here feels like putting on an really comfy pair of slippers.  Ive been browsing the past few days and so nice to see familiar names, and glad everyone doing so well, and I look forward to catching up and meeting new friends. The nhs stop smoking group thing, the guy phoned me on Monday and basically the face to face meetings have stopped, but they are due to restart in the new year. I was a bit gutted about that, as I liked going there weekly, youd meet support workers but also fellow quitters, and youd blow in that wee thing and get your reading, and youd get free patches also!  But the guy said I will get telephone support and also I will be able to get patches from there, I guess ill get a presciption, and im thinking now,ill be able to do that blow thing, is it measuring co2? Ive done that in pharmacies before, so theres every chance ill still get to do that. Anyway, Im here, Im back, and I am going to kick ass!!!!!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Aww ....this is a sad read ....sorry you decided to smoke after having a great quit ...

Ok ...now that's said ....

So pleased you have decided to take your seat on the Train ...you know the drill....

Stay close ...we are hear to help you along ...🐸

• Like 6

I feel really bad you have to start again but you have prepared.  I don't what caused the relapse but we can't escape lifes problems in a cloud of smoke.  It will not stop anything bad from happening but quiting can save your health and your life!!

• Like 7

Another good day for me.  The nhs woman called me up, a smoking cessation nurse, she said she has added me to her case load, and she ll be calling me weekly for 12 weeks.  She pretty much said the face to face meetings wont be restarting, i thought it stopped due to covid but she said this is just how they do it now, over the telephone. I'll get a prescription for patches but the phamacist doesnt even do the blow thing anymore!! WTH! So she was nice enough, but i didnt really like what she was telling me 🙂 but i said to my husband if im speaking to her weekly for 12 weeks im sure we'll end up getting along and it should be helpful.  It just feels very hands off, very different to before. She told me to download an app called 'smoke free' which i did, its quite cool, just keeps a track on my quit. She said they have a forum on the app! I said oh im already on a forum, quittrain! and she said oh, ive heard of that place, thats good youre there!

• Like 9

Morning everybody, I'm still breezing along very well, I feel well versed it this quit as I had such a good quit before. I know my strongest tool is my mind, being so headstrong has its benefits ha! I still feel on edge but it's nothing I can't cope with, and getting headaches but I've had a cold too so could be that. Hope everyone has a good, smoke free weekend! 

• Like 7

Stay strong and close to the board. Try to keep busy and remember during tough times how much you want this smoke free life. You can do this if you think about a positive smoke free life. Most of us have failed in the early days so you have done the best for yourself by jumping back on the train. Best wishes and stay close.

• Like 7

Still going strong, I'm really pleased. I was a bit nervous about quitting again, wondering will I manage, will it be really hard, will I fail, but its went great, all positive. So anyone thinking about quitting, just go for it! I think the patches are little miracle workers and a big thank you to everybody here for welcoming me back. I'm still on edge and still getting headaches, I think the headaches are quit related as my cold has finally gone. But I'm sure these symptoms will ease soon. 

• Like 5