I'm Back, but i'm back at Day 1

WeegieWoman

Thats me at the week mark, it honestly feels like longer! I forgot to mention when the nhs nurse woman called me last week, she said they no longer offer champix! I wasnt wanting to opt for that, but I have used it twice in the past, i thought it was quite a good option.  Im curious why they no longer offer it, i must ask her this week. The sun is shining here in Glasgow, and the cats let me have a wee lie in till 7.50am, its going to be a good day 🙂

• Like 4

5 hours ago, WeegieWoman said:

Thats me at the week mark, it honestly feels like longer! I forgot to mention when the nhs nurse woman called me last week, she said they no longer offer champix! I wasnt wanting to opt for that, but I have used it twice in the past, i thought it was quite a good option.  Im curious why they no longer offer it, i must ask her this week. The sun is shining here in Glasgow, and the cats let me have a wee lie in till 7.50am, its going to be a good day 🙂

Champix was recalled due to an unacceptably high level of a compound that is correlated cancer incidence.  currently it isn't known if it will be available again.  that's what google tells me anyhow

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, intoxicated yoda said:

Champix was recalled due to an unacceptably high level of a compound that is correlated cancer incidence.  currently it isn't known if it will be available again.  that's what google tells me anyhow

google fu is strong with @intoxicated yoda ...... here is a link I found about champix also:

https://euroweeklynews.com/2021/09/19/pfizer-recalls-all-batches-of-its-champix-anti-smoking-treatment/

• Like 1

Hey everyone, wow yesterday was a more difficult day quit wise due to a reallllllly bad hangover! That really weakened my resolve and I was fighting away those thoughts. But I did it and I'm back to feeling normal today, hallelujah! We went to the gig and then partied into the small hours at home, my house is an absolute bomb site! So that's the first job today, blitz the house, then go to supermarket, I'm craving a nice home cooked meal. 

• Like 4

Hey everyone, still going strong here.  I was thinking this morning, when are these thoughts going to stop, but then i realised these are not new thoughts, these are thoughts you thought all the time as a smoker ie time for a fag. So its not the quitting that is giving me these thoughts, its the habit of smoking! I wonder when I'll stop getting the thoughts though, probably a while yet.  Hey i dont think the stop smoking nurse called me last week, i may have got my weeks mixed up but i think she just called me in my first week which was the week before last, not impressed with this service this time round.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, just checking in to let you know im ticking along very nicely here.  I seem to be just queitly getting on with it. I like doing the daily nope pledge, i was never a big noper before, but it really sets me up for the day, its a great wee tool. Im not missing cigarettes, ive got more cash in the bank, my skins looking brighter, my house isnt a stinky smoke den anymore, its all good. Now I think about it, I reckon those fleeting thoughts of its fag time, are getting less and less.  Im still a bit anxious, but the gym helps with that. Im coming up to the month mark and pretty chuffed with myself 🙂

• Like 10

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, just checking in, im getting a bit annoyed with myself this morning, that wee cheeky just have one thought is heavy kicking about, why!!! We all know you cant just have one!  But my brain is saying, you can just have one, just one, that would be it, pure nonsense!!  I think ive been letting that thought flow more recently instead of cutting it short, from now on im cutting it short immediately!!!  I dont know why ive started entertaining these thoughts but it stops today, right now !!! 🙂

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, im just checking in, sorry ive been absent of late.  Pleased to report im still off the smokes!  So a successful smokefree festive period. And ive had a bereavement, which has been tough, but still not smoked.  Im doing Dry January ie off the booze, been offit since the 30th, I was getting too upset re my pal dying when i was drinking, thats maybe a strange motivation but its working for me. So im off to a very healthy start to 2023! I just want to get the funeral over with on the 12th and then I can really start looking forward and get my buzz back.  The NHS stop smoking nurse still hasnt phoned me haha.  But the patches and daily nope thread are really working for me, ive said before, but i was never a noper before, I dont know why but its really helping me this time round. Hope everyone is doing well. I had a good Christmas day with my family.  Teddy, one of my kittens, went missing for 24 hours, so he now has a tracker, which is such a cool wee toy, im glued to following him, much to my surprise he spends a lot of time in the local park !!!! 

• Like 3