Come In And Say Hi !!!!

Hello Slow Progress,

So glad you found this train to FREEDOM. 

Not far along myself on the quit train.  I, too, have been a decades long slave to nicotine and have had only brief respites of a year here and there....

Glad you will have the company of folks who're nonsmokers to be with over the next while.  Be super kind to yourself. Make your quit THE top priority, even if it means you walk 5 miles with the dog every day, or stare vacantly at the sparkle box (TV) for longer than is healthy, or become enamored of a tea service ritual 10 times a day. 

You are saving YOU for you and those you hold dear..... and gaining FREEDOM from slavery to death one breath at a time.

Very deeply sad story....my dear, dear colleague and I used to go out for smoke breaks announcing we were headed out to kill ourselves one breath at a time (because we KNEW that is exactly what we were doing) eventually , my dear friend called to say he was dying of stage four lung cancer and that I should enjoy the time I have with my wonderful husband and the ability to walk around and DO the things that bring me joy.  Miss him ever so much.

Any way....glad your progress has gotten you this far.   Stick close.  Read. Use the S.O.S. board if you even maybe vaguely think you might stick something in your mouth and light it on fire.

Read Johnny5's tag line ...it pretty much says it all.

Welcome.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, darcy said:

Hello Slow Progress,

So glad you found this train to FREEDOM. 

Not far along myself on the quit train.  I, too, have been a decades long slave to nicotine and have had only brief respites of a year here and there....

Glad you will have the company of folks who're nonsmokers to be with over the next while.  Be super kind to yourself. Make your quit THE top priority, even if it means you walk 5 miles with the dog every day, or stare vacantly at the sparkle box (TV) for longer than is healthy, or become enamored of a tea service ritual 10 times a day. 

You are saving YOU for you and those you hold dear..... and gaining FREEDOM from slavery to death one breath at a time.

Very deeply sad story....my dear, dear colleague and I used to go out for smoke breaks announcing we were headed out to kill ourselves one breath at a time (because we KNEW that is exactly what we were doing) eventually , my dear friend called to say he was dying of stage four lung cancer and that I should enjoy the time I have with my wonderful husband and the ability to walk around and DO the things that bring me joy.  Miss him ever so much.

Any way....glad your progress has gotten you this far.   Stick close.  Read. Use the S.O.S. board if you even maybe vaguely think you might stick something in your mouth and light it on fire.

Read Johnny5's tag line ...it pretty much says it all.

Welcome.

OMG thankyou for your support and sharing that story - I do this thing where I think - Ah well I could have just one ciggy- or I could pick a different day!

it’s so ridiculous! You have given me the determination to at least get through until tomorrow - so thankyou for that!

Edited by Slow progress
  • Like 4

Great to meet you, @Slow progress! Congrats on giving those smokes the heave-ho. I, too, quit after more than 40 years of smoking. At first I thought I could never be happy without cigarettes. But it turns out that feeling of “I’m going to be miserable forever” is an illusion… it’s something our addiction does to put up a fuss about withdrawal. It’s not accurate. Smoking was NOT our true friend, because real friends don’t bind us in chains, mess with our heads, then slowly try to kill us.

It takes a while to recalibrate, but it IS possible! And there are a lot of good people here to help. Keep at it, and let us know how you are feeling day by day. 

IMG_6949.JPG

• Like 5

Hi @Molly2310. Welcome aboard!! So great that you are quitting. There is much practical wisdom and educational info available on this site - it really opens our eyes about the nature of this addiction, which arms us for success. Plus there are great people here to help. Let us know how you’re doing and how you’re approaching your first days. Like @johnny5 said, you can do this!

• Like 8

Hi @Molly2310, congratulations on taking back your freedom. We've got a great group of members here so reach out to us with any questions or concerns you have, chances are someone else here has experienced it with their quit 😊

We also have a great library of information, even videos if that's more your thing so be sure to take a good look around...

• Like 7

Hello @Molly2310! This is a great thing that you are doing! You know that you can get through the early stages because you’ve done it before but, this is a great place to get the solid foundation built that will ensure your forever quit! And as @johnny5 said, “stick close to this site.” I did and I’m just a little over a month shy of being quit 2 years. I needed a whole lot of help and I got it all right here. I’m looking forward to following your quit. 🤗

• Like 7

Welcome aboard Molly2310, grab a seat and congratulations on your decision to kick the habit. You have come to the right place for support and knowledge. The more you participate and interact with the forums the easier your quit will be. We have all been where you are. We will support you every step of the way. Just believe in yourself because you can have your forever quit.

• Like 8

Welcome aboard @Molly2310...Great decision to free yourself of this killer addiction ...

On our Main Smoking Discussion Board you will find tons of great info to get  going ...

The more you learn and understand the addiction the easier it will be to put the cigs down forever ..

We have some great Newbies to can travel along side ...

Those who stay close and post are the ones that succeed ....helping each other strengthens your Quit 

Looking forward to getting to know you better 🐸

• Like 8