Everything posted by Slow progress
-
Strange urges
Thanks all - it’s great knowing this site is here to support us when we struggle a bit … I haven’t smoked and can’t imagine smoking - Just need to get over this feeling of missing something
-
Monday 4th December 2023
Nope
-
Strange urges
Just what I needed to read today- coming up for nearly 7months smoke free but really bad cravings for the last few days. I won’t smoke but I’m finding that I’m constantly trying to get the same sort of fix I got from smoking - feeling grumpy. Husband still smoking and I feel annoyed with him for just constantly standing outside smoking - in his defence - he smokes less than I ever did! Posting here as I am definitely not going to crack but why after all this time am I still not settled?
-
Day 2 already?
Back for 5 months of non smoking - still LOVING IT,
-
Brioski is Seven Months Smoke Free Today!!!
Congrats Brioski! I am back here for my 5 month celebration that you helped me get to - I thank you from the bottom of my heart x loving not smoking
-
Thursday 7th September 2023
NOPE
-
Day 2 already?
Well I’m back here after 4 months and still quit. Still get occasional thoughts about smoking but would never do it, so just get on with the day! I LOVE being a non smoker
-
Updates
Hi Brioski it actually helps me being around a smoker. Although I still get urges, watching the relentless smoking of my husband sorts me out! He wastes so much time just sitting outside smoking - plus his ashtrays and outside bins stink! like you, I miss smoking but I’m never going back to it I don’t think you will either so try not to give it too much headspace….. you are rocking it and should be proud of your progress x
-
Updates
I’m still chugging along - have been suffering more in the way of random cravings lately - trying to just ignore it as I can’t get complacent and slip …. hoping that once the snow hits I’ll just be happy not to be freezing my ass off outside. SIX MONTHS IS EPIC!
-
Tuesday 15th august 2023
NOPE
-
Updates
Tough times for you Brioski but I know you won’t smoke! You helped me so much at the start of my quit - always cheering me on …. you have done so well - I know you don’t want to start again at day 1 so please, do anything you can to keep off those cigarettes - you have been just so strong so I know you can do it!
-
Thursday 27th July 2023
NOPE
-
Thursday 20th July 2023
NOPE
-
Slow Progress is Two Months Smoke Free Today!!!
Hi all - thanks so much. Had my daughter out to visit and she brought Covid as a present. Finally recovered and still smoke free and mostly happy. glad to see Brioski and Sandi still doing well with their quit
-
Howdy strangers!!!
Cannot imagine getting to 7 years - a huge well done to you!
-
Saturday 8th July 2023
NOPE
-
NRT
Right before bed!
-
NRT
And I didn’t have any side effects from the patch- wore it in the day and removed at night - only used for 2 weeks …
-
NRT
Leap of faith my siblings both gave up smoking using a vape - they initially vaped then just cut out the nicotine over time. Whatever works for you, works for you! This is your journey and the key thing is to get started. We are all different and have different ways of getting to the same place ….
-
NRT
Congrats Brioski - DAY 100! Way to go
-
Trying to quit, having lots of trouble
Hi robin like others have said the first week is really the hardest - you’ve already done the hardest part! Reward yourself every day - not necessarily with things but at least by acknowledging how great you are doing. I’m at nearly 7 weeks and although I occasionally think about smoking, it’s not really an urge now - and I am soooo happy not to be smoking! so keep it up! We are all behind you …
-
Wednesday 21st June 2023
NOPE
-
Slow progress is One Month Smoke Free Today!!!
Thankyou all! only managed this with all of your support - still here and looking forward to two months x
-
Crossed 8 years
That’s absolutely fantastic - a huge well done!
-
Friday 16th June 2023
NOPE