Day 2 already?

Slow progress

Started my own topic to try and keep on track.

wasn’t really expecting to be awake from 3am but it seems I was desperate to get up and start a really long day 2 of not smoking! Hoping the sleeping will settle down eventually ….

nearly gave in a couple of times yesterday but just kept coming on here and reading other peoples stories. Husband still smoking but I find that doesn’t bother me really (he’s outside freezing!) yesterday I coughed very little compared to coughing after each and every cigarette. 

no idea how today will be but I am committing to not smoking for today! Book club tonight so that will keep me busy around the time I find it hardest.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, garry mhudson said:

Hang in there SP. Hard going at first but it will ease up. Best wishes.

Thanks for the support!

2 hours ago, DenaliBlues said:

Good job, SP. Quitting can, indeed, goof up your sleep patterns - and so can the patch. (Talk about bizarre dreams!) But it doesn’t last forever. Staying busy and distracted is a good plan. One day at a time and you’ll soon be FREE!

Thankyou sooo much - chugging along! Busy day so that helps 

• Like 3

Lots of us get insomnia in the beginning of our quits but thankfully its only temporary. I took an OTC sleep aid a couple times and that helped get my sleep pattern working again. 

Glad you're sticking close and reading all you can. We also have a huge video forum with lots of information there.

I'm going to move this thread to our main board since you'll be using it to track your quit 😊

• Like 2

Welcome @Slow progress 

I just saw your initial posts in the "Come In And Say Hi" thread and wanted to join in on the support you have gotten from other board members.  You are doing a great thing in quitting smoking.  Keep up the great work, keep reading and posting on your progress.  Things get better with time, just keep up the great work.  It is great to have you here.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Oh no, SP! 😔 But you have the strength and courage to get back on this train! You will always find a seat here! Take advantage of all the help this site can give to get you through  those difficult times. I am glad that you are back with us!

Studying Back To School GIF by Kohl's

• Like 2

Hi SP, I’m super proud of u for getting back on the train so quickly!  I’m new too, quit in Feb. Some days suckkkkkk and some days are ok-ish. May I ask how you felt going back to smoking? It comes into perspective for me when I hear one cig is not enough and it’ll lead to cartons and cartons, and also when smoking, wishing you were back where you were when quit and when we’re quit wishing for that “one” cig but not realizing how we felt when smoking a pack plus a day. 
anyway best of luck, you can do this!!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Brioski said:

Hi SP, I’m super proud of u for getting back on the train so quickly!  I’m new too, quit in Feb. Some days suckkkkkk and some days are ok-ish. May I ask how you felt going back to smoking? It comes into perspective for me when I hear one cig is not enough and it’ll lead to cartons and cartons, and also when smoking, wishing you were back where you were when quit and when we’re quit wishing for that “one” cig but not realizing how we felt when smoking a pack plus a day. 
anyway best of luck, you can do this!!

Hi Brioski and thanks

i don’t feel proud - I feel so ashamed and embarrassed that I keep failing at this thing!

going back to smoking - the first one felt great - just like an old friend came back - I was straight back up to a pack a day and hated every single one after that first one - that feeling that you are just killing yourself one day at a time!

sitting outside in the rain when I could have been inside with my family and constantly checking my oxygen levels to try and convince myself that because they were pretty good then I was somehow immune to the damage that smoking would do! It’s all a bit pathetic really…

well done to you and try your hardest to get through the bad times so that you’re not me - starting again at day 1 and feeling like a loser!

26 minutes ago, Gus said:

Oh no, SP! 😔 But you have the strength and courage to get back on this train! You will always find a seat here! Take advantage of all the help this site can give to get you through  those difficult times. I am glad that you are back with us!

Studying Back To School GIF by Kohl's

Thanks for the welcome again - felt embarrassed to even post again given my spectacularly bad effort

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Back again - day two - 3rd time around …..

dont try to encourage me - apparently I have no willpower but I do at least keep trying!

determined to make it through to day 3 - will check in again tomorrow - I will not smoke today!

• Like 4

Halfway through day 2 and still smoke free - hubby still puffing away (and seems sort of annoyed with me) but I’m determined to make it to the end of day 2 if it kills me! Cannot wait to get to tomorrow and do the same again. Thanks for the undeserved encouragement

• Like 5

Wtg, SP!  You are deserving of encouragement.  I kept reading and reading about the addiction and what it tells us, how it manipulates us, both here and over on Reddit. Also forcing myself to drink water. Air cig (straws and cotton ball). Analog clock to watch the hours go by. Sugar free red vines. TikTok. Trashy reality tv. And u know what, I still want them sometimes, I think it’s just gonna suck for awhile. But u know what I have had a few not super sucky days so there’s that. Lol. Here for u!

• Like 4

You’re all so great - I have read a lot f your stories and am so desperate to be where you all are!

my approach is that the next cigarette is going to cost me at least 70,000$CAD and most probably 10 years off my life…..

I cannot afford that next cigarette.  So here I am - stuck with it.

8.21 and just waiting to go to bed so that this day is over - but happy that I saw it through

Edited by Slow progress
  • Like 5

@Slow progress, if going to bed helps you keep your quit than why wait? We do whatever we need to do on the early days of our quits including going to bed early if it helps. Use it as one of your quit tools. 

You are doing great and it won't take long for your sense of smell to come back so you'll be able to smell the stale smoke on your hubby and be glad you don't smell like that anymore!

• Like 4