Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Slow progress

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Slow progress

  1. Halfway through day 2 and still smoke free - hubby still puffing away (and seems sort of annoyed with me) but I’m determined to make it to the end of day 2 if it kills me! Cannot wait to get to tomorrow and do the same again. Thanks for the undeserved encouragement
  2. New/old quitter - NOPE
  3. Back again - day two - 3rd time around ….. dont try to encourage me - apparently I have no willpower but I do at least keep trying! determined to make it through to day 3 - will check in again tomorrow - I will not smoke today!
  4. Hi Brioski and thanks i don’t feel proud - I feel so ashamed and embarrassed that I keep failing at this thing! going back to smoking - the first one felt great - just like an old friend came back - I was straight back up to a pack a day and hated every single one after that first one - that feeling that you are just killing yourself one day at a time! sitting outside in the rain when I could have been inside with my family and constantly checking my oxygen levels to try and convince myself that because they were pretty good then I was somehow immune to the damage that smoking would do! It’s all a bit pathetic really… well done to you and try your hardest to get through the bad times so that you’re not me - starting again at day 1 and feeling like a loser! Thanks for the welcome again - felt embarrassed to even post again given my spectacularly bad effort
  5. Well I failed miserably - went away for a month and smoked like a chimney! Even while having a killer cold and sore throat - absolutely mad! back on the quit - day 1 again! Hoping for a better result this time …
  6. Thanks for the support! Thankyou sooo much - chugging along! Busy day so that helps
  7. Started my own topic to try and keep on track. wasn’t really expecting to be awake from 3am but it seems I was desperate to get up and start a really long day 2 of not smoking! Hoping the sleeping will settle down eventually …. nearly gave in a couple of times yesterday but just kept coming on here and reading other peoples stories. Husband still smoking but I find that doesn’t bother me really (he’s outside freezing!) yesterday I coughed very little compared to coughing after each and every cigarette. no idea how today will be but I am committing to not smoking for today! Book club tonight so that will keep me busy around the time I find it hardest.
  8. OMG thankyou for your support and sharing that story - I do this thing where I think - Ah well I could have just one ciggy- or I could pick a different day! it’s so ridiculous! You have given me the determination to at least get through until tomorrow - so thankyou for that!
  9. Well I’m trying to keep super busy - long walk with dog - supermarket, cooking, cleaning and gonna walk dog again soon - oh yay! hubby was meant to quit today too, but hasn’t (he didn’t quit last time either) so that’s a little annoying. Read lots on the site and am going with the approach that I am not going to smoke today! Lately have been feeling the effects of smoking so I think if I don’t do this now I’m gonna be in trouble fairly soon! On a positive note, I’m going away on Friday for a month - none of my family smokes, so hopefully will be easier with a change of routine and location. thanks to all for the cheerleading x
  10. Hi all day 1 of quitting after 40 years of smoking. Am initially using patches (quit once before for 2 years). Struggling with feeling like I will miss smoking so much. It was such a big part of my life for so long! determined to persevere although I imagine I’m going to face some really rough days ….

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.