It has all certainly changed...

scottinpa

Note: wasnt sure where to put this, so mods please move where it is appropriate.  thanks!

Well I am taking a couple minutes to give you all an update. I said I would in a thread a couple days ago, so here it goes.

First of all, I do still check in every so often but I rarely post anymore... not for any particular reason, its just seems my time has passed with the forums. I was never the one with the insight and strategies etc in regards to smoking and quitting smoking. I was the behind the scenes guy trying to keep a group together and getting to a full year quit. Posting on behalf of others and trying to keep everybody positive. I made a lot of internet friends.  I was on the forums all day and a good part of the night for about a year. It consumed me, but it got me through it and to where I am today.....

My quit smoking journey started in january 2013 and it was the beginning of a huge list of firsts for me. It was the reason for me to join my first ever forum. I had never been in a chat room before, didnt know what a PM was... lol! I am still techinically challenged. Those first few months were a serious ride, and I remember people talking about how their lives had changed because of quitting smoking. I thought I understood what they meant, but let me tell you, now I know I didn't . Change is not a strong enough word,, it is more like evolving.

I have a totally different outlook on my life now. I am now in charge of a bike group of about 20 people ( it is still growing ). I ride approximately 80 to 100 miles per week on average. I go to a gym at least 5 days per week and pilates once a week. I have lost 50 pounds  and am now the waiste size I was 30 years ago when I graduated high school. In addition to operatining my store, I was recently asked to be an auctioneer for one of the local auction houses, I also work on an as needed basis with two other auction companies.

I am enjoying my smoke free life...  I am so grateful to so many of you for getting me here, wether you knew you were helping or not! 

Tomorrow I will be 18 months smoke free!!!  :)

Life is good!!!  You all need to stick with this quit, Its a wicked ride in the beginning, but what a great ride when you look back on it!

You are all going to love it!!

I will be watching!  

Happy 4th of July!

• Like 22

Love it, your before and after pics in OTR are something else, massive achievement, well done on such a fantastic quit and you have completely changed your life for the better, I can't wait to be where you are in another 9 months.

It is great to have you here to look up to and help encourage and show how great life can become when you quit,

Great post, thanks xxx

Scott, Iam pleased you came back to say that. I am really moved by your words, what a fabulous story of hope for the future! 

My utmost congrats for 18 months and all of your additional achievements, it sounds amazing.

I only hope to have half the journey!

x

Scott whether you knew it or not you being around in my early days helped a lot thank you I am so pleased how things have turned around for you

Great post and a true inspiration

Make sure you drop in for your celebrations :)

Jeez 80 to 100 miles a week on a bicycle really??? My car doesn't even do that mileage and if I did that on a bike I would need a butt transplant!

Good for you x

So great to hear from you Hottie Scottie!!!!  And so happy to hear you are enjoying your smoke free life.  I was just thinking I should throw out a "Where is Scottinpa" thread and here you are!  

For sure you were a huge part of my quit, so thanks for that!  We may need to start a new Dreaming of Scottinpa thread just for old times sake cuz we miss you around here (though I'm not sure it would be the same without Avian/Jan)!  :)

Stop in again soon!  

• Like 2

Hey Scott - great to hear from you and so happy you are enjoying such a great smoke free life. To behonest though - with everything you are fitting into your life I am pretty sure you wouldn't have time to smoke anyway !

So happy for you Scott!  Enjoy your success, you've worked hard for it.  I miss seeing you here but I am happy you are enjoying your smoke free life.  Some of my favorite forum moments involve the many Scott threads, Keep checking in when you can. xoxo