JustinHoot99 is One Month Smoke Free Today!!!

jillar

1 hour ago, jillar said:

Congratulations on one month quit @JustinHoot99, you should be so proud of yourself! And thank you for being such an active supportive member here😊

I hope you do something special for you today!🤗

Thanks, I just hope I make it through the day.  The last 3 days have been a bear for me the first half of the day.  The thought of what it would feel like to light up just keeps popping into my head.  I swat them away as quickly as possible.  Been using the my visualization, focusing on the $4000 it would cost me and the 7000 more I would smoke, reading my prewritten ressponse, taking walks, etc but the dang thought keeps coming back.  Today is probably the worst day since I quit.  Subconscious keeps say "just today" which is obviously BS.  Only fell for that like every time before.

44 minutes ago, AceWhite said:

Number One Sport GIF by UFC

Thats a nice sign.

4 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

Wow !!!!...Justin ..one month's done and dusted ....that's something to dance about ...

On go the next .....your doing great ....

Thank you for all you bring here ....😁

I shall keep pushing as I enter no mans land.

• Like 3

@JustinHoot99, when I had days like that I used my JAC (jillars air cigarette). It worked great at tricking my mind into thinking it was getting the real thing. I just pretending I was holding a cigarette and went through the motions of "smoking" it. I couldn't believe how well it worked. Some people have used pens, cut straws, even licorice for theirs but I liked looking stupid lol 😂

Just another tool to add to your arsenal :) 

• Like 3

Allen Carr the easy way to stop smoking ...

This book has helped millions ...alot of us included ....

This is another great tool in your box ....

What have you got to lose reading it .....nothing ...but can gain so much ...

I think you can download load it ...😁

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

What have you got to lose reading it .....nothing ...but can gain so much ...

I actually have read it.

What I really need is a drill sergeant to B slap me upside the head and tell me to quit whining.

"Are you freakin nuts?  You got more red "didn't smoke" X's than anytime since your 20's and you are thinking of blowing it?  Is there a gun to your head, are you being water boarded, being tortured in any way?  If not, I suggest you think this through.  Think about the $4000 that one cigarette will cost and the 7000 you will be required to smoke cause you know you have never summoned the courage and strength to try again in less than 1 year."
image.png.fe722f1484b2976850a9cc60317d469f.png

image.png.40beb3da2f0ca99ddf8090103bafbee0.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Huge congratulations on one month down.   I sometimes had really tough days right before big milestones.  Not sure why, but I guess it's just more of the push and pull of addiction trying to turn a reason to celebrate into a reason to cave.  Whatever the cause, the tough days do jump out at you and you just have to push through.  For several months, I would plot all day at work on Fridays exactly how I would stop for a pack on the way home and just smoke my way through the weekend and then quit.  I would picture the route I'd take and count down the minutes -- somehow I managed never to make that stop and continued to muddle through the first year.  You've got this, Justin.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Jordan7 said:

I sometimes had really tough days right before big milestones.  Not sure why, but I guess it's just more of the push and pull of addiction trying to turn a reason to celebrate into a reason to cave. 

Probably right.  I've been eye balling the 30 day mark for the last 3 days.  My subconscious is getting panicky and pulling out all the stops.

2 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

oh-come-on-put-your-big-boy-pants-on-already-53624479.png

Thats more me! Plus it's Star Trek related and everyone know that makes it twice as cool.  It's actually what I sometimes want to say to people, but I know not everyone responds to the same inputs as I do.

• Like 2

Great job Justin.  You've laid the foundation for a great quit.

39 minutes ago, JustinHoot99 said:

What I really need is a drill sergeant to B slap me upside the head and tell me to quit whining.

We have The Sarge.  And Doreen wields a mean frying pan.

Stay the course man.

image.thumb.png.c47f85be3ce7d2e1665d950ec189a247.png

• Like 4

Congrats Justin, 1 month is no small feat, keep your eyes on the prize and it does get better.  Just keep coming back here and focus on all the benefits as you grow more accustomed to the quit, keep strong and remember to celebrated this milestone -- again great job!!!!

• Like 3