Day 10

Kris

Well I am up. have that first thing in the morning crave but it is not as bad as yesterday.

I slept well and it seems I am getting  my feet back.  I thought I would be over the worst of it by now but not yet. I am just going to focus on anything else today. Yesterday was such a b**** I thought I would break.  I am glad I took advice  from all of you, threw out everything that had to do with the habit, if you don't have em, you can't smoke em.

K

• Like 5

Congratulations on getting through a tuff day!!!

Today is a new day!! You are doing great!!

Just remember one day at a time

Nope not one puff ever!!😀😀🌄🌄

Edited by Linda
Spelling
  • Like 3

Congratulations @Kris on double digits ! Now that's how ya do it . Two weeks is only four days away . 

You are over the nicotene withdrawal but the attachments take a while . If you think of how many years you smoked and how many times you reinforced each little ritual you may well understand that it's unrealistic to think we are over addiction in even three weeks . That's not to minimize ten days by no means . They are the toughest days and you have them now covered and in the past . Great job ! Fantastic job ! This period of time is the hardest fought and you've done it . 

I know I thought Everything would be over it in three weeks . I mean we are told it takes three weeks to break a habit right , but smoking is more than habit , we are talking addiction . 

I believe in being in honest with people about how my quit was so their are no surprises and you know what to expect . ( Remembering of course we are all different and don't wear the one size fits all shoes )

Give yourself a year . Every season we smoked for different reasons . Every season you get stronger and by the time it gets fourth season you barely notice you are still working on your quit and "not" smoking becomes normal every day life . 

It get so much easier with each passing day and each passing month and by the end of your last season you will barely think about smoking , if at all .

No matter what , we want a forever quit , so taking it day by day is the way to whatever " forever " will be for each of us .

No one knows what tomorrow will bring , so live for today and don't let smoking take today away .

Toss every thought and every crave out the window and live every day like it's your last and best day of your life . 

43 minutes ago, Kris said:

" if you don't have em , you cant smoke em " 

Edited by Abby
  • Like 2

Abby,

Thanks! I am not nicotine free yet.  Using NRT to help me get thru the first part.

I am using lozenges but starting my step down today.  Put one in my mouth , set the kitchen timer for 2 minutes then take it out (this will sound gross) and place on a saucer.  Wait until I get another bad crave and I will do all over again. I am hoping this will help me cut the NRT down and help me get to nicotine free.  Hope this works.  Has anyone else tried this method.

PS Also having acupuncture three times a week and the always good old hard candy and lollipops.

K

• Like 1

Congratulations on not smoking for 10 days ..

In my 52 year smoking career ...I tried that many quits ,I couldn't even begin to count ...

I must have tried every way known to Man ...and failed ...

What made this Quit different ...A Massive Health Scare ...Joining these fine Peeps ...

And going cold turkey...and perseverance...

I listened to all the good advice ...things like it's all Temporary...it will get better ....

They were right ...

Having said this ..I believe all roads lead to Rome ....Just get yourself there ....🐸

• Like 2

Good job Kris.

By the time I got to day ten in my quit, I used that as motivation.  There were times when I wanted to smoke but figured since I already had some time in I might as well keep going.

Ten days is something you can build on.

• Like 3

Yay @Kris, Congratulations on double digits!!! There's no harm in using NRTs to help you get past those first few weeks. Many members here have had success using them. And I love that you've already started stepping down since at some point you'll need to let them go as well. 😊

• Like 2