Rough couple days

Linda

Well the last couple days have been a struggle. I am almost at my 3 months and  that always seem to be the I don't want to do this anymore.I do know that if I give in and start smoking again I will not try again.

• Sad 4

There's something about the three's that get a lot of us Linda, three hours, three days, three weeks, three months. We even have a few threads about it here. But once you're past it you will start feeling much better, trust us on this :) 

• Like 3

3 months is tough. You might find yourself between identifying still very clearly as a smoker. Still aware of how your daily routine went when you smoked. But; you're already starting to identify as a nonsmoker and that's the tough part. You aren't sure who that is ... this nonsmoking person. The routine is not yet a comfortable one for you. 

By continuing on now with your quit, this strange new you will soon enough become the new normal, improved, Linda and you'll even wonder how and why you smoked for so long. It's there Linda; right in front of you and you have fought for this 3 months now. Letting go now is not an option - it just isn't! 

• Like 4

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble right now! I understand!

Last week I felt the same way. I also said that if I lost my quit I would not try again. That was a stupid thing for me to say, but at the time I said it, I meant it!  I'm sure you mean it also.

I am going to tell you what you told me. "You have come so far to give up now, and I can't afford to lose another quit partner."

I could be wrong, but you and I are all that is left of the people who quit when we did.  I have also seen a least 20 people, in the last three months, come here and say they are quitting, only to never be heard from again.  I do feel bad that they couldn't stay quit!  Breaking this addiction is hard work!  You and I have been doing that work and we should feel better about it than we do.

I don't understand why we have days like you and I are having at this point, but I have decided to hang on for awhile longer.  I need to do this for my health.  I don't know what your reasons for quitting are, but they are just as valid now as they were the day you quit.

I hope that this gets better for you soon! You Can Do This!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Try and turn all your negative thought into positive ones ...

Eg...Wow.!!!.....I've done something I never thought I would do ....Not smoke for 3 whole months ..

How Wonderful am I ....

Remember every smoker deep down would love to be where you are ...

Reward yourselves ...the both of you ...with all the money you have saved 👍

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JH63 said:

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble right now! I understand!

Last week I felt the same way. I also said that if I lost my quit I would not try again. That was a stupid thing for me to say, but at the time I said it, I meant it!  I'm sure you mean it also.

I am going to tell you what you told me. "You have come so far to give up now, and I can't afford to lose another quit partner."

I could be wrong, but you and I are all that is left of the people who quit when we did.  I have also seen a least 20 people, in the last three months, come here and say they are quitting, only to never be heard from again.  I do feel bad that they couldn't stay quit!  Breaking this addiction is hard work!  You and I have been doing that work and we should feel better about it than we do.

I don't understand why we have days like you and I are having at this point, but I have decided to hang on for awhile longer.  I need to do this for my health.  I don't know what your reasons for quitting are, but they are just as valid now as they were the day you quit.

I hope that this gets better for you soon! You Can Do This!

Thanks Jeff, health reasons are the reason for my quit also. But the struggle is real!!!!

• Like 2

The struggle, at times is almost too real! 

If I didn't have all these health problems, I would not be putting myself through this quit process.  I would still be smoking just like I have been for the past 50 years. But I have found that all those cigarettes I smoked were just a slow form of suicide.  I can't go back and undo the damage I've done to myself!

I look at it like this.

I have two choices, I can just keep smoking and not have to struggle with quitting, or I can try to make it through this quit process and maybe live a little longer.

The only thing that keeps me here, trying, is that I feel selfish.  I would be leaving my wife alone to deal with things. My sister died, so I am the one who takes care of my father. That's almost a full time job. But he needs me! He worked hard and made sure that I had what I needed when I was young. I feel like I owe it to him to be around for as long as I can.

I'm rambling, so I'll get off here!

I hope you are having a better day today! Try to be Happy about what you are doing!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Linda said:

But the struggle is real!!!!

A bit of struggle in pursuit of a worthy goal is not something to be avoided.  When I look back at the struggles I had during the early days of my quit, I am thankful for them.

When you fight the good fight and come out a winner, that's something you can take with you for the rest of your life.

• Like 1

Yes the struggle can be real and at times hard but as you have seen it is doable.  I too had this struggle at the three month mark and really thought I might not make it but I looked at all the success I had with quitting and how much better it was getting.  I came to this forum a lot at that time to read everything I could and plowed on with my quit.  As stated above there are the terrible three's -- go to that link and you will see you are not alone.  For me right after that three month mark (a goal I thought I would never make) it really dawned on me that this quit thing was really working and things were getting better for me.  You can do this and in the next few days when you hit that mark do something really special for yourself and sit back and see how far you have come.  Keep Strong -- You can do this!!!!!

• Like 2

Linda it took me 7 years to quit again.

I remember the first quit- lasted over 10 years.

For some dumb reason I smoked a cig and thought it was no big deal.

Here we are almost 8 years later and i've finally conquered again.

This is what I know is true: IF I ever smoke again i doubt i'll ever quit again.

It's that serious

NOPE is more than a series of letters

• Like 2