Newbie!

Steveo88

Hi. I've tried to quit many times. Yesterday my chest felt awful, tight and I had a sore throat. Still smoked, but that's what we do!. Today I decided that I do not want to smoke so tomorrows my good bye to smoking, won't miss you!. After 42 years we are splitting up and it's made me happy. This quit will stick. Looking forward to it in fact.

• Like 7

Hello Steveo and welcome to the QTrain.

You can build a successful quit, for sure.

I was a long term smoker, many of us here were and have put Nicotine addiction to sleep by,

1. Educating ourselves about Nicotine Addiction

2.  Committing to NOPE (Not One Puff Ever)

You may find this thread helpful

10 Ways To Effectively Use This Forum To Help Yourself Quit Smoking

and also these videos from our friend, Joel Spitzer.

Daily Quitting Lesson Guide 

You have made one of the best decisions of your life !

• Like 2

Welcome aboard steveo and congratulations on taking back your life. You'll get as much support as you need/want here so shout out anytime you want. 

Be sure to check out all our different forums. There's a lot to do and read here to help keep your mind busy :)

• Like 1

Welcome aboard on this journey.  Glad you have decided to quit you will not regret it though it may be tough at times.  Keep close to educate, ask for help, or just socialize -- it really will help!!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Steveo88 said:

Thanks for the support. Watched Joel's video and have decided there's no time like the present, so I've got a patch on and my mouth spray. I've QUIT! Feels good to have finally done it. 

You did it!  The hardest part sometimes is making the firm decision and knowing that you don't ever want to go back again.   You've quit so now it's just a matter of racking up days until it just becomes a memory.  Great job, Steve, and we'll be rooting you on all the way!

• Like 3

Sazerac. I've tried cold turkey and it did not work. My other half smokes so temptation is all around. I want this quit to work so while I agree just stopping is probably the best way, I want to give myself all the chances to stop. It don't matter how you get to your destination, it only matters that you get there. 

• Like 4

image.png.277435d607d2964fbead94b381151794.png

"Sazerac. I've tried cold turkey and it did not work. My other half smokes so temptation is all around. I want this quit to work so while I agree just stopping is probably the best way, I want to give myself all the chances to stop. It don't matter how you get to your destination, it only matters that you get there."

OK, Steve,  build your quit the very best way you know how !

We are 100o/o behind you all the way.

Commit to NOPE and educate yourself about nicotine addiction, you will succeed !

You are right, there are many paths to the center.

Edited by Sazerac
  • Like 4

Welcome steveo88- pretty awesome that you jump started your quit.  Why wait another day?  Staying close to the forum will help you get through the waves of craves you may have/ use us for support and distraction.  We are here to help you make this your forever quit! 

• Like 2

Welcome aboard Steve.  Good call on giving up the smokes.

5 hours ago, Steveo88 said:

I've QUIT! Feels good to have finally done it. 

The rewards of quitting have only started, there will be many more.

Enjoy the ride.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Steveo88 said:

My other half smokes so temptation is all around.

Mine does also but I rationalise it by thinking that there will always be smokers around so it's a hindrance early days but not an insurmountable one. It's just an aspect of quitting that has to be recognised and dealt with. I saw a chap earlier today buy some cigs then light one up as soon as he was in his van. Looking at him I felt clean and lucky that I've kicked that evil stuff into my personal bin of history.

As the days go buy you'll feel fitter, fresher and very proud as the smoke free time passes. 

Our bodies have been conned into thinking that smoking is a pleasure whereas it's just an addiction, like being addicted to glue sniffing. That's not a pleasure is it?

If I can do it, any one can because I was a dedicated poisoner of my body but no more. I'm free now!

• Like 3

Hello and welcome ..

Congratulations on making the hugs decision to take your life back ...

This is a horrible addiction ,that will cause all kinds of trouble eventually...

I was a 52 year smoker ....so it's possible and doable to quit for good ..

Read all you can ...stay close..take the pledge ...and

Don't stick anything in your mouth and set fire to it ...

• Like 3