Back after a long time

Morgan

Hi Everyone! I wish I had better news but after 3 years free I slipped this past month. At first it was one here and there and now it is a full fledged problem. I'm here to get back on track and be free again. This wonderful community helped me the first time around and I am back for help again. I will be committing to NOPE tomorrow and hope to get past this terrible lapse in judgement. ❤

• Like 8

Welcome back Morgan! Wow a three year quit. I know a few here have lost long quits. I would have thought by three years you'd be free? I guess we never really will be. Do you might sharing how that happened? Might help some of us here. Anyway, nice to meet you! 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, WeegieWoman said:

Welcome back Morgan! Wow a three year quit. I know a few here have lost long quits. I would have thought by three years you'd be free? I guess we never really will be. Do you might sharing how that happened? Might help some of us here. Anyway, nice to meet you! 

My husband is still a smoker so they are always accessible - this is my first "problem".. if i would have had to go to the store and buy cigarettes I never would have. I was struggling emotionally for a few months and wrestling with depression which didnt help the situation. I was just very triggered. 

I should not have let myself slip like that. I didnt even really want a cigarette that badly.. i just thought i could handle it and clearly i couldnt 🤦‍♀️ the lies my brain told itself. 

• Sad 2

Welcome back Morgan, sorry you lost your quit but hopefully since it was such a short relapse the withdrawal will be easier. I have a lot of respect for anyone who is able to quit with a smoking spouse at home. I don't think I could do that.....

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Morgan said:

Hi Everyone! I wish I had better news but after 3 years free I slipped this past month. At first it was one here and there and now it is a full fledged problem. I'm here to get back on track and be free again. This wonderful community helped me the first time around and I am back for help again. I will be committing to NOPE tomorrow and hope to get past this terrible lapse in judgement. ❤

Hi Morgan and im sorry to read about the relapse. I also have blown a long quit and you acted quicker than i did at quitting again avoiding a big mistake i made by waiting over 2 years to try and re quit. I lost direction and had got hit with some bad news and went back to an old habit. Just get your mindset back, search for your old posts and re read your own words. Deep breathes 

• Like 2

Welcome back, Morgan !

Unfortunately, addiction is forever and can only be mitigated by a commitment to NOPE

Not One Puff Ever.  Never Ever Forever.

Tell your story, it will help others and let us hear how your quit is progressing.

We are on your side.

s

• Like 2

Hi Morgan.  

I am getting close to my year mark.  This makes me realize I will always have to be on my toes.  

I do think it must be difficult to live with a smoker.  

So glad you realized you needed the support and have joined this great group of support.  

2 hours ago, jillar said:

Welcome back Morgan, sorry you lost your quit but hopefully since it was such a short relapse the withdrawal will be easier. I have a lot of respect for anyone who is able to quit with a smoking spouse at home. I don't think I could do that.....

Suprisingly, it isnt too bad when you actively control your thoughts around smoking. Over time every time he would smoke i started to feel glad that wasnt me anymore. I lost my way though and my thoughts changed. The mind is a powerful thing. 😬

• Like 1