Jump to content
Morgan

Back after a long time

Recommended Posts

Hi Everyone! I wish I had better news but after 3 years free I slipped this past month. At first it was one here and there and now it is a full fledged problem. I'm here to get back on track and be free again. This wonderful community helped me the first time around and I am back for help again. I will be committing to NOPE tomorrow and hope to get past this terrible lapse in judgement. ❤

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome back Morgan! Wow a three year quit. I know a few here have lost long quits. I would have thought by three years you'd be free? I guess we never really will be. Do you might sharing how that happened? Might help some of us here. Anyway, nice to meet you! 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome back and all the best!!!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WeegieWoman said:

Welcome back Morgan! Wow a three year quit. I know a few here have lost long quits. I would have thought by three years you'd be free? I guess we never really will be. Do you might sharing how that happened? Might help some of us here. Anyway, nice to meet you! 

 

My husband is still a smoker so they are always accessible - this is my first "problem".. if i would have had to go to the store and buy cigarettes I never would have. I was struggling emotionally for a few months and wrestling with depression which didnt help the situation. I was just very triggered. 

 

I should not have let myself slip like that. I didnt even really want a cigarette that badly.. i just thought i could handle it and clearly i couldnt 🤦‍♀️ the lies my brain told itself. 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome back Morgan, sorry you lost your quit but hopefully since it was such a short relapse the withdrawal will be easier. I have a lot of respect for anyone who is able to quit with a smoking spouse at home. I don't think I could do that.....

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I welcome back.  We can all make mistakes but it takes wisdom and courage to admit to them and recommit.  You can do this -- Keep Strong!!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Morgan said:

Hi Everyone! I wish I had better news but after 3 years free I slipped this past month. At first it was one here and there and now it is a full fledged problem. I'm here to get back on track and be free again. This wonderful community helped me the first time around and I am back for help again. I will be committing to NOPE tomorrow and hope to get past this terrible lapse in judgement. ❤

Hi Morgan and im sorry to read about the relapse. I also have blown a long quit and you acted quicker than i did at quitting again avoiding a big mistake i made by waiting over 2 years to try and re quit. I lost direction and had got hit with some bad news and went back to an old habit. Just get your mindset back, search for your old posts and re read your own words. Deep breathes 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome back, Morgan !

Unfortunately, addiction is forever and can only be mitigated by a commitment to NOPE

Not One Puff Ever.  Never Ever Forever.

Tell your story, it will help others and let us hear how your quit is progressing.

We are on your side.

s

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Morgan.  

I am getting close to my year mark.  This makes me realize I will always have to be on my toes.  

I do think it must be difficult to live with a smoker.  

So glad you realized you needed the support and have joined this great group of support.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jillar said:

Welcome back Morgan, sorry you lost your quit but hopefully since it was such a short relapse the withdrawal will be easier. I have a lot of respect for anyone who is able to quit with a smoking spouse at home. I don't think I could do that.....

Suprisingly, it isnt too bad when you actively control your thoughts around smoking. Over time every time he would smoke i started to feel glad that wasnt me anymore. I lost my way though and my thoughts changed. The mind is a powerful thing. 😬

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome, Morgan.  I'm sorry to hear about your relapse but I am glad you are quitting again.  Stick close to this site.  You can quit for good this time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello and welcome back Morgan ...I remember you ....

Sorry you have have found yourself back on  the train .....we are addicts ...no such thing as ...Just One .!!!!!

Glad your back ..never give up ...giving up !!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


About us

QuitTrain®, a quit smoking support community, was created by former smokers who have a deep desire to help people quit smoking and to help keep those quits intact.  This place should be a safe haven to escape the daily grind and focus on protecting our quits.  We don't believe that there is a "one size fits all" approach when it comes to quitting smoking.  Each of us has our own unique set of circumstances which contributes to how we go about quitting and more importantly, how we keep our quits.

 

Our Message Board Guidelines

Get in touch

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines