Daily exercise log for everyone :)

On 1/23/2018 at 1:11 PM, Frezflops said:

And good luck on training for the iron man, Sarge, I have no doubt that you can do it.

Thx. Sarge has no doubt, either. 

The only thing that can slow him down would be injury. That wouldn't stop him... only delay the goal until healed. 

EZPZ

Obligatory Daily Entry:

5k (3.1 miles) @ 23:16 (7:30/mile)
Knocked off over 2 full minutes from last week's mid-week 5k @ 25:57. Early on these kinda gains are encouraging ... but in 4 months Sarge will be fighting ridonkulously hard every week for a mere 2 or 3 second gain. In the mean time, He'll take the full 2 minutes and cry: **** YEAH !!

EZPZ

Still working around a bum shoulder, but woke up early feeling like getting in a workout.  Going to do a short run before work on a section of trail that has some steep climbs and descents.  Something between a brisk run and a HIIT routine.

Happy trails.

Boo......do use the app "AllTrails"?  It maps and records the trail.  Logs distance traveled. Speed.  Total time.  Time moving.  Elevation gain.  It has 10's of thousands of trails nationwide.  I really like it.

Edited by BKP
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BKP said:

Boo......do use the app "AllTrails"?  It maps and records the trail.  Logs distance traveled. Speed.  Total time.  Time moving.  Elevation gain.  It has 10's of thousands of trails nationwide.  I really like it.

I have an account at alltrails.com, but haven't downloaded the app.  I have a handheld Garmin device with GPS and topo maps on it that typically does the trick.  I'll probably get the app anyway since I'm a geek for maps.  It's a strange fascination, but it keeps me busy.

• Like 1

Did five sets of back squats and dropped the weight down and did some low weight / high rep sets of bent-over rows and bench presses to test the shoulder out(the shoulder is not at 100% but is getting much better).  Finished up with some core and mobility work.

Going to hike a couple of sections of the Cumberland Trail tomorrow for a total of 12.9 miles.

Have a good weekend folks.

• Like 1

Did the treadmill thing again today because if I went outside I might turn blue lol.....also added in some squats, lunge pulses, crunches on a stability ball amongst other things. Down a total of 27 lbs only have about 28ish more to go for goal. Keep moving on lol

How is everyone today?

Lisa

• Like 2

Packing, unpacking, moving boxes around, walked about 7 miles and up/down 23 floors yesterday with the office move and all that entails after  45-minute kickboxing workout in the morning. Today, the move continues.  4.7 miles walked plus 13 floors. 

Tomorrow, I'm getting a massage

Edited by PeaceTrain
  • Like 2

Didn't workout yesterday, but did some home improvement work on my basement/gym.  Put down new flooring (horse stall mats) in my weight lifting area.  Hung up some gymnastics rings and a climbing peg board.  I got a sweet deal on a Concept 2 rower and got it set up yesterday as well.

The shoulder is good to go and I'm pretty damn proud of my home gym.  Time to do some work!

• Like 1

Did one of my most difficult hikes ever on Saturday.  Total elevation gain was over 8000 feet!  Lord help my poor feet!

Skyline Trail to Aerial Tramway Top Station

DISTANCE

9.7 miles

ELEVATION GAIN

8051 feet

ROUTE TYPE

Point to Point

Description

This is a very difficult hike and people have died or been injured while hiking here. Use caution and you will have a challenging but rewarding hike.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I bought this toy to use that measures how long and how well I do planks.  Before I quit smoking a plank was just a piece of wood that I could sit on and puff away.  Now I'm working my core muscles. my glutes, my arms, shoulders and back!  It's called the Stealth Core and it works with a phone app to keep track of progress.  It was really painful to use at first but it's been five days and I'm getting better and better at it.  Plus, it's fun!

• Like 2

Did a quick workout this morning.  Front Squats.  Chin Ups to Dips on the rings.  Push-Ups on the rings.  Bang!  Three exercises and I worked every muscle in my body.  The reason I mention that is, I saw some awful "beginner's" routine online this morning.  That thing was filled with isolation movements and was suggesting that those new to strength training needed to do a minimum of 10 exercises per workout, four-days a-week to work full body strength.  There's a whole lot of bad information floating around out there, but....I digress.

Finished up with 20 minutes on the rower and some mobility work.

• Like 1

Proud to say I successfully made it from my bed to the coffee pot this morning. Probably 100 feet or more and involves the descent of multiple stairs. I didn't fall even once and did not need to stop and rest along the way. Although, I ALMOST tripped over the damn cat! Normally, I'd just have the wife get me a coffee but today .... I did it myself :)

The stuff you people talk about doing would have me in the hospital on life support :56_anguished:

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

The stuff you people talk about doing would have me in the hospital on life support :56_anguished:

We're just normal people motivated by the challenges and benefits of the physical culture.  That and masochism.

A little bit of masochism goes a long way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes elliptical this morning. My office moved last Friday and apart from all the activity related to that, the new space is enormous and all the walking back and forth from one end of the space to the other all day every day since Friday  has resulted in a significant increase in steps- almost 18,000 on move day; hitting 10,000 by 2pm yesterday and by 4pm today. This will be a very good thing going forward. 

• Like 1

Finally quit screwing around and got back to my scheduled routine.  Did strength work this morning(Push Press, Deadlift, Romanian Deadlift, Pull-Ups, and Hanging Leg Raises).  Finished up with three-rounds on the heavy bag and a ten-minute sprint on the Concept 2.

Stay strong folks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Boo said:

Finally quit screwing around and got back to my scheduled routine.  Did strength work this morning(Push Press, Deadlift, Romanian Deadlift, Pull-Ups, and Hanging Leg Raises).  Finished up with three-rounds on the heavy bag and a ten-minute sprint on the Concept 2.

Stay strong folks.

Push ,Press, Hanging leg Raises..my mind has just hit a all time low...fetch that bucket of cold water.!!!!

• Haha 2