The Fluffies, the Toughies and those in between

babs609

What the Fluffies say--"awwww..Sorry about your relapse..get back on track and start again"

"Never quit the quit"   "Life is tough yes..but you can do this"  "Get back on the horse and do it again"  "You've got this, YAY!!!" 

What the Toughies say--"Be truthful with  yourself"  "Everything you are saying is BS"  "where was your SOS????"  "you need to take your quit seriously as if your life depends on it!!!"  "stop with the excuses!!"  "you think I'm being too hard on you?  Well try getting cancer!", "easy peasy!!!"

The truth is...on a successful quit board....we need BOTH types of support.  That's why it works here.  They compliment each other.  They are both vital.

Sometimes you need a gentle hand,  sometimes you need a swift kick in the butt and to be called out on your s**t...and sometimes you need both at the same time.

But...I believe..despite our different styles of support...we agree on more than we disagree, that is for sure.

One word we all use frequently...no matter what type of support we dish out....is  NOPE!!  

I think we also agree...that everyone can quit smoking.

What else do you think we all agree on when it comes to quitting smoking?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

We all agree something is up with you and meathead....

also agree booger makes up a lot of his workouts....

agree the the eggs have not been around much 

and lastly NOPE works

Edited by bakon
  • Like 4
  • Haha 7

I think we can all agree that anybody can quit smoking because we are proof !

Quitting smoking is ultimately DO-ABLE no matter who you are. 

All it takes is a commitment to never taking another puff again...ever.

I hope we all agree that honesty, truth and integrity concerning our quits is essential.

We no longer believe the addict's lies and must be rigorous in revealing them to protect our quits. 

We likely agree that the sticks Cheat.  Always have.

• Like 10

I have to admit I am a fluffy.  You probably figured that out right away.  I can't accept anyone being a lost cause (except maybe bakon. He is either a bad boy or a dirty old man lol).

I think you need all the personalities combined together for the forum to work.  Sometimes it just takes the right person clicking with another person for things to work.   

I have great love and respect for you all because you have helped me save my life.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bakon said:

We all agree something is up with you and meathead....

also agree booger makes up a lot of his workouts....

And we can also agree that if Bakon was any dumber, he would be required by law to wear a helmet at all times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

@Linda Thomas you are most definitely a toughie! (A tough lady that is) I love watching you quit! A true inspiration❤️ 

You can't quit and smoke at the same time. It's one or the other. (And one=all)

The only true way to quit smoking is to stop putting the dang things in your mouth and then Never! Take! Another! Puff!

Education on nicotine addiction builds a firm quit foundation.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I think I am a Fluffy... dunno figure you catch more flies with honey than vinegar... doesn't mean I don't care when someone looses their quit... just .. oh I dunno... maybe its the big sister in my, I just want to do the gently, gently... I always try to find something positive... ironically if I was to SOS personally the foot up the arse, tough love approach would achieve more in keeping me quit than the hand holding approach. 

• Like 7

I wish booger Linda thomass and jiller (which I think is slang for what women do when they "double click the mouse") weren't here.

Then again glad they are. Like hanging out with people so dumb I look smart.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I don't really subscribe to fluff or tough.  Just the facts will suffice.

Quitting is simple.  Smoking offers nothing positive.  Every "reason" to smoke is just an excuse to get a nicotine fix.

Keep it simple folks.  There's no point in making straight lines crooked.

• Like 8