Rosewothorne is 6 Months Smoke Free

notsmokinjo

Congratulations @Rosewothorne for being smoke free for 6 months.

Well done and being quit for half a year. This is a big celebration, 50% of the way to your first year of freedom. Half the work done on the hardest year of being smoke freedom and the hardest half at that. What a nice solid base you are building. It was great to see you in the NOPE thread again and we would love to know how you are going to celebrate being a member of the 50%ers. KTQ Rose, we miss you around the boards.

giphy.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Huge congrats on a super achievement Rose...half a year done, forever to go...

Excellent to have you around on the forums, thanks for your posts :)

Looking forward to celebrating one year being smokefree with you...

Well done and KTQ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WOW!! I'm totally--and not fashionably--late to my party! I can't believe it's been six months. That feels really substantial. Thank you all for the kind thoughts. I don't get on board the train as much lately but I'm so totally grateful to all of you and this site. I NOPE in my head daily if not on here. My quit is going well and it's both a blessing to have forgotten my quitversary and a reminder that i must take care of my quit and not take it for granted. There are so many times when I think briefly about smoking or some habit like leaving the house and thinking, "I forgot my cigarettes." Those thoughts pass easily now but I know it's possible that one day I could let my guard down and think it might be OK to "have just one" and that would be devastating. So I am remaining vigilant and reminding myself that Not One Puff Ever is a verb not a noun. I told my daughter about how I still think sometimes about smoking and she said that's OK as long as  i dont' do it. True. It's also OK if i have those thoughts, maybe for the rest of my life...as long as I don't smoke. I am LOVING this quit. 

• Like 4