Hello All

Vinno

I'm new to this forum and looking for support to quit once and for all.  I hope to find others who have a situation similar to mine.  This looks like a great place to find it!

• Like 10

Welcome Vinno,

Congratulations on quitting smoking !  You will love it !

You may find this thread useful, 10 Ways To Effectively Use This Forum in helping you get started.

We all have a situation similar to yours,  we are all nicotine addicts.

We are all nicotine addicts who have made one of the best decisions in our lives and  put it to sleep.

Educate yourself, learn as much as you can and let us know how you are.  We are on your side.

Remember quitting smoking may cause you some  temporary discomfort but,  the short and long term rewards are innumerable.

• Like 1

Hey Vinno.... we can hold your hand and cheer you on but you have to do the hard yards yourself... we'll have your back while you do though... You can do this mate, one day at a time... all you have to do is take it one day at a time... promise yourself you will get through the next 24hours, then promise yourself the next... and keep at it . Before you know it you will be there. You can do it. Stay strong.

• Like 2

Welcome vinno and congratulations on taking back your life. Today is a great day to quit smoking :) My trick to staying quit in the early days was staying glued to these boards. Reading, supporting, venting, socializing and playing games. All of that really helped me keep my mind off my misery. We even have chat here and although we're unable at this time to tell if someone is there, you can just make a post asking to meet in chat anytime.

You can do it vinno. We are all proof :)

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Vinno...

You are amongst friends here....ridding ourselves of a deadly addiction is the bond we have..

Read all the stuff available here...watch all the videos too...knowledge will be your weapon ....

We have a daily pledge...it's a promise to your self not go smoke that day....

Quitting is a journey... There will be bends in the track...but you can can do.....believe in yourself !!!!

• Like 2

Welcome aboard, Vinno.  Quitting smoking is very doable and is a truly great thing to do.  There is a lot of education and support you can get here to help you quit for good.

• Like 1

Hi Vinno, welcome ! You will find great support, great advice and great people on this forum

One step at a time and before you know it, you will have walked a mile.

• Like 2

Thank you all!  I'm already feeling encouraged by your warm welcome and responses.  I will be spending most of today looking through all of the resources available on this site.  I 'm determined to win the battle this time!  

• Like 4

Welcome aboard Vinno.

8 hours ago, Vinno said:

Thank you all!  I'm already feeling encouraged by your warm welcome and responses.  I will be spending most of today looking through all of the resources available on this site.  I 'm determined to win the battle this time!  

Determination and a willingness to learn more about your addiction is a perfect starting place.

Congratulations on choosing freedom over cigarettes.

• 3 weeks later...