Love “nope”

Suz916

Decided to quit lurking and introduce myself ? 47 nights ago , I laid in bed and thought to myself “ what if I got up tomorrow and didn’t smoke?!?, what if I just never lit another cigarette ?!?” Then there were all the negative voices , y’all know the ones , the “you’re too old “ “ at your age can you even be saved anymore.”  You see im 56 and probably have smoked a pack a day for 38 years . Anyway I got up the next morning and have not smoked since. I cried , I screamed but I did not smoke ! It was harder than I thought and easier than I ever thought . It gets better , there are days now I will go six hours without thinking about smoking . I find that to be remarkable after 38 years? since it was a late night decision I had nothing to help so it was cold turkey. And to think I always had the strength and never knew it . Here’s to reminding myself every day ?

• Like 10

Hey Suz, is there another welcoming thread for you ?  I hope there is and I welcomed you there.  I'm too old to remember Everything !

I smoked for 40 something years and while I may be too old for some things,

trampolines may not be a good idea today,  living a smoke free life is the best choice I have made in nearly a half century.

Welcome !

• Like 2

You see im 56 and probably have smoked a pack a day for 38 years 

Well Suz, it is all relative. 56 is young to me. :) I am 65 (in 2 months) and I am not too old. WTG on your quit. So many negative voices in our heads...good job not listening to them.   

• Like 4