Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kris

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kris

  1. I could not say for me, that one trigger or another is worse. I just have all the normal ones that were invented by me in the first place. Wake up, smoke, take a shower, smoke, eat smoke, brush teeth, just the everyday things we all do. I just decided I needed to smoke after each activity. Those horrible mind bending craves come when I have a migraine. You just want something to take your mind off the pain. If it is a really bad migraine and I have to take medication that will also make the crave ease up. Mind you I know it is just my mind doing this but the mind does have an effect on the body. Don't be worried or afraid. You are doing great and will find new things everyday that help you. Don't feel guilty if you have to use a lozenge to take the edge off. Do what you have to do as long it is not smoking. It does get easier!
  2. @JustinHoot99you know you need to send a screen shot to all your friends, you bet those Kardashians will say they came up with it. (they claim everything) I have always wandered how these things get started LOL
  3. Kris replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -9
  4. Kris replied to jillar's topic in Games
    10. Go to Macs for dinner on a coffee table Blow Dryer
  5. Kris replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -9
  6. Kris replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -7
  7. And what did I learn tonight? @jillarlikes pineapple upside down cake and not cheesecake. (I hope she likes cheese when it is not in a cake) @Gusloves german chocolate and likes cheesecake. @Katgirlwants strawberries on her New York style cheesecake. @Opah is happy with good carrot cake. Me, I am just happy if there is cake, or cookies, or pie, or bread. Do you see the pattern? Yes, I admit it, I am just a foodie! That is what important thing I have learned, that if you don't try it how do you know you don't like it.
  8. Kris replied to Octain's topic in Off The Record
    searching the board and reading all the funny, helpful things you do for each other. I am baking bread tomorrow, banana walnut included, wish I could bring you a loaf of that and english muffin bread. Of course, I would include butter!!
  9. Kris replied to jillar's topic in Games
    3. a child can hang onto the leg of the table preventing siblings to swing them about the room by their ankles
  10. Kris replied to bakon's topic in Games
    I have lost the ability to count!
  11. Kris replied to jillar's topic in Games
    @jillarLet's go with it. What can you do with a coffee table? Cover it with food delights, rotel cheese dip, 7 layer dip, guacamole, artichoke dip shrimp dip, spinach dip, and all varieties of chips, crackers, breads, and veggies. Then you wait for someone to arrive with a cooler of beer!
  12. Kris replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -4
  13. When I quit, I sprayed the car down with Febreeze, seats, carpets, headliner. Wiped down the rest of the car with water containing vinegar, baking soda. It really cut down that smoke smell. Kept the windows open in the driveway during the day and in the garage at night. Happy to say the car no longer has that scent. When I first quit it was hard to drive without a smoke because the car was a reminder.
  14. Kris replied to Kdad's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    @intoxicated yodaWell, went to be at 7pm last night and slept until 11am this morning. Hate to say it but I went with what I call a margarita day. Drank them all day friday. Alternated with gatorade. Ate lots of good food. Woke with no hangover signs. Feel the best I have for a long time. I do not recommend this method but it worked for me.
  15. Kris replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Die or quit.
  16. Kris replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Blade
  17. Kris replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Reach your goal.
  18. I know who I would like to slap!
  19. Kris replied to Linda's topic in Socializing
    I applaud you for making sure you are not exposed. I am going to keep up the mask and social distancing. @jillar I did not know you and your husband are estranged. I would think he could be considerate of your health and limit any exposure to you by his behavior.
  20. Kris replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -4
  21. Kris replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -2
  22. @JustinHoot99You are the go getter done guy. Don't know if it helps but I don't want you to get questioned at the grade school. I live 3 houses from ours. They do welcome everyone at the high school football practice field. There is a quarter mile track for running or walking. A lot of people also use the bleachers for stair work. You might check and see if they welcome people in off school times. You can go ours early morning or afternoon and evening.
  23. @Sunnyside I tell it for you and others here. There are so many things we can learn from each other that will strengthen our resolve to quit. I think this place has helped me so much to get through this. I have had some very hard times but am on my own in this one for the first time. I have always had some one here in the house to keep me busy but my son and his family were able to buy a home of their own. My Mom was here until she got really sick. She has since passed. There is no one to look after but myself and the pups. My son knows I have quit but does not know how hard it is for me. I don't intend to tell him.
  24. Kris replied to Kdad's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    @Sunshine How are you doing with your sleep? I am still upside down. It makes me crazy. I am up all night and sleep from 6 until noon or 1. I get up to a rough start of the so called day and before I know what happened it is dark again. I just can't seem to get anything done. I am awake but my mind says it is dark so I should have done the cooking, cleaning and laundry already. I do manage to get a load of laundry done and in the dryer but it stays there until I have to do the next one. I manage to batch cook and freeze dinners for a few days of meals. Cleaning is hit or miss. Everything is just messed up and I do mean literally. Guess it is back to the doctor. She has addressed it once with sleeping pills but they did not help. How am I going to fix this, no clue. Are you having any luck?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.