Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kris

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kris

  1. Kris replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -4
  2. Kris replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -2
  3. Kris replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -1
  4. Kris replied to bakon's topic in Games
    0000
  5. Kris replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -19
  6. Kris replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -17
  7. Grew up with the dirt bikes, our hang out as teens was a place we called stump jumpers. I never drove just a passenger, lots of muffler burns, falls and one meeting of a tree limb and my forehead. Never got on one again. Trust me the son picked lots of activities that scared the crap out of me. Jumping off cliffs into the lake, pole vaulting, fire dancing (you know where they light those little balls on fire and swing them around), thank god I don't know about the rest. @Doreensfree I find the best way to go when you live alone. I have never found the frozen dinners at the store to be good.
  8. I am off to the kitchen to make real food, chicken pot pie, swiss steak and lasagna. If I cook when I feel well I can freeze for when I feel like crap. Just take something out and add easy stuff. Does any one else do this?
  9. Kris replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -15
  10. Kris replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -13
  11. Sounds like there will be a talk in future whether Boo 2 will be allowed to ride. Those things scare the s*** out of me.
  12. I will be blunt and honest. For me, at 8 months out, I still struggle. That is okay, it just one of the other things that can make life difficult. I have not and will not smoke because I do not have the strength to go thru this again. I think this realization about myself keeps me on the train. I have this place where I can talk, struggle, be silly....and know I am not alone in this. I have people I can turn to for support, advice and comfort. I think that has made a difference for me. Try to keep more focus on the why you quit. Do not focus on the why you think it will be okay to have just one because it will not be okay.
  13. I am going to go 9.8. I only had one baby but Sugar Britches will be more relaxed this time. She will just enjoy this pregnancy so much more and indulge in the joy of it.
  14. Kris replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -11
  15. Yep, gained weight. Not all is smoking related. Sometimes I just do not have the energy to cook. I will just snack all day, just that will pack it on. I have plenty of healthy options in the house but I also have a reclining sofa. Right now I am on the all carb diet, nacho cheese doritos and shredded wheat.
  16. Young wild singles
  17. Kris replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -9
  18. Kris replied to Opah's topic in Socializing
    Rest, rest, rest and lots of good food to get your strength back. Spring is right around the corner and I know you love to be out there in nature. The flowers will greet you with a smile.
  19. Welcome, nice to have you join us. You are doing great, 17 days shows me that you are truly committed. You will have the good days and the bad but we will all be here, if you need to talk. For me, finding this place is what has kept me going and sane. You need to share with people that understand what challenges come with quitting. I was not built to do this alone. I don't think anyone is. I see it as therapy without having to pay for it or leave the house. You will find many people you see as a friend. They are supportive, kind and funny.
  20. Kris replied to Kdad's topic in Quit Smoking Discussions
    I am glad they are helping, I do not know if I could have done it without them. I would suggest that as time goes on, you want to start slowly tapering down. For me I would use one but as soon as I felt relief from the craving I would take it out of my mouth as put it on a saucer. Leave it until you need to fight off a crave. Sounds crazy but it worked for me. Be sure not to leave it where a child or pet could get to it.
  21. Kris replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -7, there are a few out there that need a good pop of reality.
  22. I am so sad for you, not a reason to do it, nothing horrible happened. Yet you did it. You smoked a cigarette that someone else threw on the ground. Does that sound like an addictt, yes. Does that sound like a person you want to be? NO! If you thought that was an OK option will you next be eating out of a dumpster, stealing a car, knocking down an old lady for her purse? NO!, you would not do those things, so why would you do that? Why would you decide on a whim that you are not valuable? Why was it okay to put your health and life at risk again? You need to sit down with yourself and half a long hard talk with yourself about how that really happened. I am 8 months out and I still have daily talks with myself about why I am doing this. I accept the fact that I want to smoke and I would if there were not the fact I know for sure (cat scan showed beginning of emphysema) that I would be making myself sick. I don't know a lot about you, how long you have smoked, how old you are etc. What I do know there are real consequences for smoking. I am sorry for what you might think as a harsh response. It is not, I am just trying to give you a wake up call. You know you can do this, you just have to get your mind right. Love yourself!
  23. Kris replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Pray to God.
  24. Kris replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -5 Hi Doreen!
  25. Kris replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -2 sorry am still learning this one

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.