Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Angeleek

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Angeleek

  1. Too low of a dose meant I would crave a cigarette. Too high of a dose meant heart palpitations. They also made me itch where I applied them. The benefit was I wasn't using nicotine orally. But alas, I couldn't stick with them and quit.
  2. Hi Teresa! Patches made me feel like I was on something round the clock. And the dose was either too much or too little, so I was not successful with them at all. I also tried gum, quit for a short while, started smoking again and got addicted to the gum in between smokes. Kept that addiction 10+ years. I finally wound up going cold turkey and have been off nicotine for 102 days. It was hard for me the first 2 weeks, but totally doable. It's not nearly as scary as you imagine it to be, once you start. You do still have to do the head work after breaking the addiction cold turkey. That's the hard part and where education, sites like these and Joel Spitzer's video lectures really help. Try whatever method you think will work for you. If it doesn't work, go on to the next method. Good luck...you can quit!!!
  3. Hi Rene. Welcome to the Train, where you will find loads of support and can arm yourself with a wealth of information to help you quit smoking and stay quit. Sorry to hear about your lung situation. Eliminating the smoking will benefit your healing, and taking action to support your health helps to beat down the anxiety. Please watch Joel Spitzer's videos. They are extremely educational. Knowledge is power, and actively educating yourself while quitting really does help to focus the mind when you are withdrawing. You can do this!
  4. No accidentally lighting the wrong end and inhaling the burning filter!
  5. Here we go again 🥰 Every quit is an awesome quit! Lots of quit police here who are stuck on cold turkey as the best way to quit. I agree that it is....cuz it's free and effective and FAST! If you can quit on NRT and stay quit, then excellent for you! Most people here are sold on cold turkey cuz it worked for them, and they had no lasting success with NRT, I think. So, not a lot of NRT experts here, I believe, for that reason. All quitters are winners!!
  6. move their regal behinds. Blueberry scones with sour cream
  7. Vial
  8. Angeleek replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Spain
  9. No stains on teeth! No running to get smokes! No more burning in my throat when I get a bad drag or a bad fag! No standing outside in the rain to get a nicotine fix! yay 🙌 Hatin dem 20 xtra pounds tho!!
  10. Congratulations on close to 3 months quit Andrew! I have had a little sinus thing too post quit...I think it was allergies and needing to hydrate more. I'm basically all good now. Yours will pass too.
  11. Yes, totally romancing the cigarette! When I do that , I remind myself of the 9,999 other cigarettes that go with it and if I wanna smoke them too. Your eyes will thank you for keeping your resolve to stay smoke free! NTAP!
  12. So many things! Most present in my mind right now is the freedom from thinking about it all the time in some way or another...either actively using or looking at smoking gear and ashtrays...or smelling the stench in the car, or being paranoid I stink! Being constantly preoccupied with an addiction seriously impedes the personal growth. I am just starting to fully realize how much space in my mind the smoking was occupying. Wow!
  13. Congratulations on over 100 days smoke free, Tyler! Glad you made good use of the patch. Hooray for getting off the nicotine at last. You are basically home free just let your mind adjust to being nicotine free. It gets easier every day.
  14. Angeleek replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Suits
  15. Angeleek replied to dullyboi's topic in Celebrations!
    Hooray Dullyboi! Now is a great time to quit and stay off the nicotine forever. Congratulations on over a week now! 😀
  16. Angeleek replied to Kate18's topic in Celebrations!
    Awesome Kate! Soon you will have days with no cravings. I speak from experience on day 96. There have been a couple or so....great job!
  17. Angeleek replied to Guttie39's topic in Celebrations!
    Go Guttie!!! You got this!
  18. Angeleek replied to Angeleek's topic in Celebrations!
    Thanks all!!
  19. Hooray Sunshine!! Congratulations on 7 months smoke free!!
  20. Welcome to the Train AK 47! Congratulations on staying off the smokes for almost two weeks! Hope you quit again real soon! You can do it! Don't wait another 10 years cuz you will regret it! Analyze why you started up again and make a plan to prevent that from happening again. Then give it another go ! Rinse repeat until you stay quit...bam!
  21. Angeleek replied to Angeleek's topic in Celebrations!
    Thanks Jillar!
  22. Exercise firms you up and slims you down...even if you don't lose any weight
  23. I wonder if air-snacking, analogous to ... I think it's Jillar's or Doreenfree's air-smoking suggestion ... would work? Just go through the motions of snacking on chips or cookies. I swear I am going to try it!
  24. I am big on freestyle home aerobics - I just turn on the music and dance around and add in some aerobic moves, isometrics, body toning moves like arm circles, leg lifts and such, running in place, air punches, some floor stretching and a little ab work. I jog outside and on a treadmill at the gym. Weird, after quitting smoking, I got so preoccupied with eating and so DEPRESSED I dropped my 14 year workout habit. 20 pounds later I am looking forward to getting back in shape. Do whatever keeps your blood pumping and your mood light!
  25. I agree with Helmet that you are an inspiration! You must be super fit!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.