Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Angeleek

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Angeleek

  1. Angeleek replied to darcy's topic in Celebrations!
    Right on, Darcy! Great job on one month smoke free! It gets easier and easier, just you wait and see. I agree with you that the not reeking part is a humungous bonus. Way to go!!
  2. Angeleek replied to Angeleek's topic in Celebrations!
    LOL Thanks Boo! Love your seal!
  3. Angeleek posted a topic in Celebrations!
    Or I could say 84! 84 days nicotine free today - yooo hooo! yippee eye eye oh yippee ay! Yay! That makes 12 weeks which is the longest all my research came up with concerning how long it takes for the brain dopamine to get back to normal, i.e. for the post-nicotine depression to go away. Today is my deadline day to be happy again, start moving again and get to blasting off the 20 pounds I have gained since quitting! Won't be hard with spring here and all. I feel great and thankful I could finally lay them cigarettes down! Twelve weeks nicotine-free. Wow...I haven't gone that long since I became a smoker at age 14! Thanks to everyone here for being such an inspiration and a wealth of information and support for me and all who need it. Great people on this Train! 12! Yippee!!!
  4. Count your blessings and praise your God! Not everything has to be hard. Yes just be wary of the sneak attacks and you will do just great!
  5. Hoorayyy!!!!! Way to get free, Sailor!!!!
  6. NOPE!!!! 😷
  7. I think that's one of Joel Spitzer's best videos, "Whatever you do don't quit cold turkey." It was John R Polito's Freedom from Nicotine ebook posted on the Whyquit website that got me thinking seriously about just going cold. That was my intro to Joel Spitzer!
  8. Still Friday here...NOPE!!!! 🥳
  9. When I finally successfully quit cold turkey, I ran around feeling like I'd just found Jesus, and I wanted to tell every smoker who wasn't quitting that they needed to try going cold turkey NOW because it sucks royally for about 10 days but then the pain is basically gone and you're done and FREE! That feeling subsided after a few weeks, but I still like to share the benefits of quitting cold with whoever wants to know. If you can endure the hardships of life you have surely suffered, cold turkey is a cake-walk by comparison.
  10. Another great one gone...one of my faves is his Islands in the Stream duet with Dolly Parton.
  11. Good one! 😷
  12. I will add that the nicotine gum is a very sneaky component of nicotine addiction! For 10+ years, I was hooked to chewing nicotine gum between cigarettes. Talk about being super addicted! When I decided to get serious about stopping smoking, I actually had to quit the gum for 6 months before I could quit cigarettes. Your withdrawal will fade soon. Hang in there and good luck! Drink green tea or something else you love...not too much sweet. Thank you for lighting up this discussion. Kinda feels like the quit police around here sometimes, but it comes from the right place. I for one have received a lot of support and knowledge here, and people who really care about something can get a little riled up, so it's all good.
  13. That is quite possibly true, Sunshine59. But don't knock it 'til you try it...at least once, or twice. It's the fastest and cheapest way to be done with the whole sordid affair. For me, any quit method that's legal, ethical and reasonably healthy is good in my book!
  14. Hey Andrew! Glad you're still going strong on that quit! 77 days here! Woohoo we got this! High5!
  15. Happy Birthday, Tammy! Love them 40s!!! Especially smoke free.
  16. A great book! He uses logic to bust us out of the nicotine spell, kinda like rational-emotive therapy. I found it very helpful in changing how I viewed my relationship to cigarettes. Helped me deepen my resolve to quit.
  17. Hi everyone! Another cool thing: No more waking up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. I thought I was getting an OA bladder but now I think the real culprit was either nicotine withdrawal or bladder irritation from nicotine. Cool to be done with that! 75 days and keepin on!!! Stay safe and healthy all!
  18. Hi MJ, and welcome! Sorry to hear about your broken arm... It seems like smoking is a big hurdle in your healing, so it would be prudent to quit ASAP to speed your recovery. You know what day is right... Sounds like the only plan you need is how to get through boredom. Write that plan down, and procure your supplies to deal with that, and go for it. You already know what's in your future if you choose to continue smoking. The longer you wait, the more you will regret it. This Train and the fine folks here are an abundant source of knowledge and support! Just remember that the reward for not smoking is NOT...smoking. Haha took me a while to get that one through my thick skull. So, devise a new reward for yourself. Looking forward to hearing you quit. You can do it! You deserve to breathe ...and live! Best of luck to you, Mokajava. You are ready for this.
  19. Congratulations, Sailor! Better fat than smoking. I keep telling myself that!
  20. I personally know two people who quit just like that and stayed quit for good on their own. Bon voyage, sailor! and enjoy this new form of freedom! Who knows where it will take you...be well!
  21. Salute, Helmethermit! Way to get free! Shine on, you crazy Diamond!
  22. I think there would be a revolt if people couldn't get their booze cigs and pot here. Welcome back Irene! Glad you quit again so quickly....took me five years. What a waste! You can do it, Irene.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.