Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Still winning

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Still winning

  1. well no way am I writing in this, you nicked some sweets....you lot need to try a lot harder haha. Jimmy tho, sorry about your aunt. That said, I'm an aunt and I adore every nephew I have, I would cope with whatever they said and still love them to pieces. You're all good on that one my lovely. xx
  2. Thanks for sharing your 11 months of experiences so willingly paul. Massive congrats to you. xx
  3. Brilliant news my lovely!!
  4. looks fab. x
  5. wow at these views. Chimmneys and a massively overcrowded garden here. Kids toys, Mums perennials and my love of healing plants and herbs go into battle lol.
  6. Brilliant, good to see you back...I enjoy a triumphant return to quitting!! Look forward to hearing the plan.
  7. Fabulous job Gabby. Wobbly is ok, we all get wobbles but we don't act on them by smoking anymore. Step by step. You are doing so great!! Really proud to be walking your journey to a smoke free life with you. xx
  8. Some days are a struggle still but it helped to just vent it out. Thank you for your experiences too, it helps to read them. xx
  9. Sounds so silly to say these now!! "I could get hit by a bus tomorrow". "Doctors blame everything on smoking, non smokers get ill too you know". For 23 years these were my war cries, my excuses. For anyone unsure, who wonders if people are just making it up?! Smoking is addictive, to stop the addiction, you stop smoking. Then you hold on...that's it!! There is no physical pain, there is no fanfare (apart from verbally here) and it's just done because you say no more. The alternative..well, that's slightly different. My beautiful nana, she died of emphysema, struggling for breath, only smoked 20 a day. My beloved uncle died, Lung cancer, smoked 80 a day...we had 12 weeks to adjust and he was gone. My Mum, now 66, has had copd (can't get her breath) for a few years. Likes a drink too, red wine, nowt serious. Just broke her out of hospital with a huge amount of meds. Seems her 60 a day habit brought on a heart problem, it doesn't beat properly you see. I helped nurse my Uncle. I am a primary carer for my Mum. Are you still thinking smoking is ok?! Get real!! The truth...I would smoke, but I'm scared witless, of what it does and what it takes. I can't abide the thought of the children I have and adore having to look after me!! Plus I have some random fella, he don's a skirt from time to time (blaming scottish genes, hmm, really?! lol) and he holds my non smoking sorry ass hand. So I have a 3 month quit, it's pretty safe you see because I have seen and believed first hand what smoking does. I see it every day. Smoking is a mugs game. To not smoke can be uncomfortable mentally from time to time. To smoke can cause physical pain/fear and more illnesses then I understand the names for!! No thanks. Be safe, be free. xx
  10. SOS

    Still winning replied to Tink's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    Aww Tracey, horrid when they come on like that. Pleased Paul was here to talk you down. Pm me if you want to talk once you've woken up and I will try to check my inbox today. xx
  11. Still winning replied to bakon's topic in Games
    15
  12. It's amazing the amount of us who said we had "addictive personalities" rather than we were effectively addicted to one drug. Crazy. Love the going out smelling of hope :) xx
  13. Hell nope. Sitting in a roomthat stinks of stale smoke now, awful! Never again for either of us Tracey. x
  14. Still winning replied to bakon's topic in Games
    14
  15. Hey Laura, just coming out the other side of this. It feels really meh, I don't know what to do here anymore and it's all old news I quit, but meh, what to do now... My advice. Just keep doing what you're doing and one day, apparently we come out the other side and realize we haven't thought about smoking for a day. Then longer then a day and all will be fabulous lol. Hugs Laura, this is us doing it. xx
  16. For today NOPE As I go to visit my newly admitted mother that I care for into hospital, the stress will not take me. As she and my sister heard the words smoking related heart and liver damage, on top of copd and she can still lie to herself and smoke, I still hold fast to NOPE Watching it and living it are harder than you would think!! Much harder than a few thoughts a day. Stick with nope, that stuff will kill you!
  17. Agree bandito, better and more passionate playing this time - no converting that to goals. Kinda like watching puppies play lol. Maybe euros they will have it together? Liverpool won, for sure, money...isn't it always. Gonna enjoy the tournament without the stressing now.
  18. Thanks Aine, will try that I think. x . Got tonight to sleep on it. What's worse...i still want to f ucking smoke due to the stress, how dumb is that! Of course I won't but jeez.
  19. heart and kidney damage, through smoking...somebody tell me what the f uck I say to that 3 months quit. No matter what I say I'm gonna be an arsehole :(

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.