Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Still winning

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Still winning

  1. Aww happy independence day across the water folks :)
  2. Hi five Holski!! Two weeks of freedom for you!! Marching onwards all the time, you got this!! xx
  3. I think you made a fabulous decision to join a forum, it does seem to help to have people around who understand what you are saying. The stress thing, yeah it pushes the ex smokers buttons, addictions are sneaky that way! Even if you think all is well it's still kinda lurking behind the scenes ready to say it'll help the stress, or it's only one...sound familiar?... A forum will help two fold, you can get information about what smoking really is, how dangerous it really is, we are playing health and financial roulette without realizing. But as much as that, the time for me I would have smoked, I came here and posted a message. Some was help meeee's, some was my trying to understand the addiction, I actually think one was for perfume lol. Or I played the games I understand in the social section. Then the craving has gone and I am still free. I think a lot of folks do the same as that from what I can see. So chat/post, tell us what you thin we can use to help you if you post and ask for our help with a crave? Also, advice for what it's worth, get a list of other things you can do when you get stressed. Welcome! x
  4. feel better soon chick. xx
  5. 6 months is a brilliant quit, congrats to you. x
  6. Massive congrats on the 10 month quit jengels (commiserations and sympathy on the frozen lol). x
  7. 13 lucky for some!! Delighted for you Colleen, your quit, your very obvious new healthy life and thank you for your support here too. x
  8. Excellent work Bonnie :) Really pleased for you and your new clean life of freedom.
  9. Happy birthday Ross!! Hope you have an utterly fabulous day and get spoilt rotten. xx
  10. Thank you all. Had over an hour of button pushing conversation which set off a big trigger. I knew I wouldn't smoke, but had to get it out, this seemed the safest way for me. xx
  11. dd 6 months is amazing! congrats. x
  12. Bandit, no they were old and a bit pants lol, but it's the guys who made the song whose lyrics you quoted :) Anyway, I'm just here remembering my nope, nothing to see here.
  13. It's ok. Nothing but nothing will make me go back to that place. It won't help and I only wish something could but it is what it is hey.
  14. Still winning replied to bakon's topic in Games
    8
  15. Was trying to manage myself but goodness this is harsh.I wish I knew as much as everyone else does on my life and how I should raise my children. jeez. Nothing like calling you a shit mum to make your buttons explode.
  16. I would love to sit on the outskirts and judge every bugger, going oh no, I wouldn't do that! Utter arseholes. What is the matter with people.
  17. Still winning replied to bakon's topic in Games
    10
  18. You can't unlearn right. DIY. I am doing the best I can. x
  19. Martine Louise are you shi*ting me, you lead, that is what you do - who will you lead with smoking, shall we give Milly or Bella the first cigarette. It will never be ok to be this addict, it is not who you are, you cannot heal people and help people as an addict. Now man the fu*k up and lead like you were born to do. And hugs, you are strong enough to do this no matter what you are facing this moment! If you doubt yourself go listen to a COPD cough, or read on lung cancer that stole your beloved peter. No more shoulda, coulda, woulda...if I want it I do it...Nathan 2008. Now stop being such a donut! xx
  20. Now I don't know if I'm doing ok or not - **** it. How can everyone happily critisize me when I'm trying as hard as I can, wankers.
  21. I don't take failure well. I don't take pointing out or twisting my flaws well.It stillpushes my buttons. Not SOS now but I find it harder when people piss me off. I understand how I gave up a year quit when I feel upset. I won't, cause nothing is worth it but blimey. It's been tough isall.
  22. Still winning commented on Gabby's blog entry in Gabby's Blog
    Aw Gabby, I just broke into a grin :) Brilliant news!! xx
  23. Nope did you see Elbow at Glastonbury, they showed on the tv?
  24. sick! No words, just an utter sicko who totally abused his position :( May he rot in hell! In honesty, I didn't expect a conviction and thought it was a money thing, I hate to think like that but I really did so this is a total shock.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.