What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

Sorry I somehow lost access to the board while I was sick.  I think I have fixed it. I am technologically challenged.  My thought is for our dear Jillar on bringing home her baby as I have mine here.  They also sent I lock of his hair and a footprint home with his ashes.  I must say when I pass it is going to be a challenge for my family.  My sweet pup Oz is here, and with him in the china cabinet is my husband, my Mom, the closest family friend of my husband and I. I have known the friend since 2nd grade and he became a good friend to my husband when we were only fifteen.  He had 2 brothers but neither one wanted his ashes.  I was in charge of his arrangements per his wish but I am still shocked they would not want their brothers ashes.  My son has directions to mix my ashes with his Dad's and our Oz.  My hope is to take dear friend to Colorado to spread, that was a favorite place of his to visit.  Does anyone else struggle with these decisions?

K

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My vet gave me her paw impression too. And both her and the funeral home sent nice cards. So that was nice. I have my boy (cat) Dillar in the bookcase and will be scattered along with him and Cookie. Years ago I talked almost every house on our street into planting Queen Palms in their parkways. A neighbor and I even offered to purchase them and plant them. And I think they only paid like $15.00 per palm. Anyway the palms are all full grown now and our street looks so cool going down that other streets in are area are doing it too. 

So short story long, that's where I want us all to be scattered😄

Thanks for that Jillar, for me, my husband and out sweet Oz I want my son to put us here at our home.  I think dig a deep hole for our ashes and then plant a tree, have not decided on the type of tree yet.  The pups I have now would be included if they pass before me.

K

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kris said:

Sorry I somehow lost access to the board while I was sick.  I think I have fixed it. I am technologically challenged.  My thought is for our dear Jillar on bringing home her baby as I have mine here.  They also sent I lock of his hair and a footprint home with his ashes.  I must say when I pass it is going to be a challenge for my family.  My sweet pup Oz is here, and with him in the china cabinet is my husband, my Mom, the closest family friend of my husband and I. I have known the friend since 2nd grade and he became a good friend to my husband when we were only fifteen.  He had 2 brothers but neither one wanted his ashes.  I was in charge of his arrangements per his wish but I am still shocked they would not want their brothers ashes.  My son has directions to mix my ashes with his Dad's and our Oz.  My hope is to take dear friend to Colorado to spread, that was a favorite place of his to visit.  Does anyone else struggle with these decisions?

K

Kris after my first wife passed I Placed her ashes into the corners of sandwich bags and tied them off.  I took them every where with me and when I came across a place she or we loved to be at I would find some roses and empty a corner into the planter.

Now when I go to Disney land she is here, when I go to to Gold mountain she is there, all our beloved and carefree spots she is there.

it took years and I believe I still have a couple in all my vehicles waiting for a place I have missed.

image0000001(3).thumb.jpg.1fbaea0aec60ea3f8c52378f41409b26.jpg

Edited by Opah
  • Like 3

Opah.

your first wife is lovely and I am glad you found love again.  I was with my sweet love from 15 to 51.

I can not even fathom another person in that regard.  I think you have paid your love so much respect in scattering her ashes in places you shared together...She would be happy and proud that you loved her so much in life but also continued to honor her in her passing.  You will see each other someday because she is alive in your heart.  God sends us challenges but also rewards us when we are together again.

K

• Like 2

Dear Doreen ,

I have also made arrangements.  I do not want anything done, just straight to cremation for me.  Ashes to be combined with my love and our (my pets) and be placed on the home we worked so hard for.  I know my son will likely sell the property but it was a source of joy for my husband and I.  We worked really hard to get it and were hopeing to fill it with children but God had other plans. I now feel that God wanted the best for us and only gave us one child. He is grown, married and has a stepson that has been the joy of my life.  They are planning on another baby and I look forward to that possibility.  If I leave tomorrow I will have no regrets. I have been blessed in so many ways and I am thankful everyday.  

K

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

Getting superglue in my finger to celebrate my public holiday fir the cup. Undone by a frucking cucumber.

Will cucumber unstick superglue ?

Edited by Opah
  • Haha 1

Yeah-nah my perfectly timed cooking plans were undone by the cucumber that did not want to be cut, divided to skid across the chopping board leading me to cut into my finger....the finger finger...currently sporting a super glue instead of stitches and a splint for 24 hours....nothing on the cut to your arm though Opah..omg I'll never forget that.

• Like 1

Um....that's 2 down, who's the third?

So ended up $230 up for the day...a few place wins and the Quinella in race 9.... using my great grandads unit numbers from WWI.

@Opah that's ridiculous, didn't they give you MRSA?... so my trip to casualty today, complete with super glue and bandaging and a tetanus injection cost me nothing... love public health.

• Like 2

I have my first in office Dr appt today after almost two years of phone appts! The sucky part is that he's out of flu shots so now I'm stuck going into a pharmacy for it and a Covid booster shot. I sure didn't want to get them on the same day but looks like I'm going to have to 😞 

Like Linda I got the flu and shingles at the same time.  I think it will be fine, only had little tenderness in the arm.  I prefer to get these at my pharmacy because I can be in and out real quick.  I don't have to make an appoinment, just go when I feel like it.  I have to get the shingles booster and hope I can get the covid booster at the same time.

K

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jillar said:

I have my first in office Dr appt today after almost two years of phone appts! The sucky part is that he's out of flu shots so now I'm stuck going into a pharmacy for it and a Covid booster shot. I sure didn't want to get them on the same day but looks like I'm going to have to 😞 

I thought this guy was still dressed up for Halloween.  Come to find out, he just got all of his recommended shots.

image.png.6eee2d6170a0b1abae4f7f1d7aa43bb3.png

• Haha 5