Jump to content

Random thoughts...


notsmokinjo

Recommended Posts

I miss lightning bugs too having grown up in Alabama. We don't get them in California ? We used to catch em and put the light from their butts all over our t-shirts lol

Edited by jillar
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dark (as pitch black if there was a blackout) about 6.15pm... Sunrise as in bright enough to turn your headlights off...7.30am ish. I din't think we had lightening bugs here (although we call them fireflies) but I was wrong, they have them in parts of NSW, QLD & NT.  Down here though we have glow worms... they only exist in NZ & Australia and are really rare... they live in caves, I know of 3 caves in Victoria you can see them, there is a theme part for them in QLD I am pretty sure there are sights n NSW and Tassie and I know they have a big tourist cave for them in NZ... they aren't really worms, they are really gnat maggots but glow worms sounds so much cooler. Anyway these are the ones nearest me, just out of Apollo Bay on the Great Ocean Road..

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxx5sU9tksYTNqXGwAIpj

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, BAT said:

 

I will shoo some back your way :) 

Please do. I can send some sand gnats out your way if you are interested? lol.... 

9 hours ago, jillar said:

I miss lightning bugs too having grown up in Alabama. We don't get them in California ? We used to catch em and put the light from their butts all over our t-shirts lol

I am a bit of an entomophobe so catching and dismembering for me is a no... lots of screaming and hyperventilating would be involved. 

7 hours ago, Whispers said:

 

Vic is hilarious! I miss a lot of things from Brooklyn, food being one of them. When I do go home to visit I come back here 10 lbs heavier. 

6 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Dark (as pitch black if there was a blackout) about 6.15pm... Sunrise as in bright enough to turn your headlights off...7.30am ish. I din't think we had lightening bugs here (although we call them fireflies) but I was wrong, they have them in parts of NSW, QLD & NT.  Down here though we have glow worms... they only exist in NZ & Australia and are really rare... they live in caves, I know of 3 caves in Victoria you can see them, there is a theme part for them in QLD I am pretty sure there are sights n NSW and Tassie and I know they have a big tourist cave for them in NZ... they aren't really worms, they are really gnat maggots but glow worms sounds so much cooler. Anyway these are the ones nearest me, just out of Apollo Bay on the Great Ocean Road..

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxx5sU9tksYTNqXGwAIpj

 

You have a lot of nopes in Australia, your spiders..... I will add this to the list (although it is beautiful). 

I do love your Great Whites though ❤️❤️

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Devil Doll said:

You have a lot of nopes in Australia, your spiders.....

Oh the poor little glow worms... livin in their caves of darkness, they never hurt noone. ... we even give our kids glow worm toys...when you hug him his head glowed..

 

100toys76.jpg

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

Oh the poor little glow worms... livin in their caves of darkness, they never hurt noone. ... we even give our kids glow worm toys...when you hug him his head glowed..

 

100toys76.jpg

 

Cuter than a glow-worm??  ❤️❤️ 

799141C0-318E-43C4-A2B6-FE3FE73D5762.jpeg

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Devil Doll said:

 

Vic is hilarious! I miss a lot of things from Brooklyn, food being one of them. When I do go home to visit I come back here 10 lbs heavier. 

 

Vic is great, when they started it was vic, freddy and tom gooch. His bread and milk video got him noticed, facebook blew him up. What part of brookln? Do you remember the days of crusin up and down 86th?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Whispers said:

Vic is great, when they started it was vic, freddy and tom gooch. His bread and milk video got him noticed, facebook blew him up. What part of brookln? Do you remember the days of crusin up and down 86th?

Dyker Heights/Bay Ridge.

I spent a lot of my kid years/teens in Dyker Beach Park. Not much of 86th left, is there? I saw something where the Nathans property is being sold. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Devil Doll said:

Dyker Heights/Bay Ridge.

I spent a lot of my kid years/teens in Dyker Beach Park. Not much of 86th left, is there? I saw something where the Nathans property is being sold. 

Brooklyn has changed but its still there 86th. I still stop in for L&B when im out that way. Bensonhurst i'm from. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Whispers said:

Brooklyn has changed but its still there 86th. I still stop in for L&B when im out that way. Bensonhurst i'm from. 

I miss L&B.... I refuse to eat pizza here, because it is not pizza...

What HS did u go to? I went to New Utrecht.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Devil Doll said:

Dyker Heights/Bay Ridge.

I spent a lot of my kid years/teens in Dyker Beach Park. Not much of 86th left, is there? I saw something where the Nathans property is being sold. 

In high school on Staten Island girls from Bay Ridge that attended a Catholic girls high school on the island used to share the same bus stop as me on the Staten Island side of the VN bridge. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't recall them being Fontbonne girls, but I can't remember the name of their school right now DD. I think it was something more traditional like St Marys, Johns, etc. 

I have not been there in ages.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven’t lived in NY since 2002, back when I was in HS the main catholic schools in Bay Ridge were Fontbonne, Bishop Ford, and Bishop Kearney. I was poor, lol, I went to public school. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Joe7 said:

I also had the pleasure of public school.

These girls from Bay Ridge went to private school on the island.

Ahhh I misread your post and thought it was the other way around! 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Joe7 said:

Yes, they would take the city bus across the bridge from Bay Ridge and transfer at my stop on the SI side of the bridge. It seems we were always there together at the same time.

Lol! They move in herds! 

3 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

 

Amazing but sad... what happens to the stunt people?

? replaced by bots. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

QuitTrain®, a quit smoking support community, was created by former smokers who have a deep desire to help people quit smoking and to help keep those quits intact.  This place should be a safe haven to escape the daily grind and focus on protecting our quits.  We don't believe that there is a "one size fits all" approach when it comes to quitting smoking.  Each of us has our own unique set of circumstances which contributes to how we go about quitting and more importantly, how we keep our quits.

 

Our Message Board Guidelines

Get in touch

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines

Please Sign In or Sign Up