Intro :)

Anna0928

Hey Everyone! 

I am 23 and just quit April 16 

I found this site online and thought it would be great to talk to other people who are quitting or have quit.

Everyone at my work pretty much smokes, so it can be hard to stay away and say no.

I look forward to talking to everyone and making this life changing change!!! :)

• Like 19

All aboard the QuitTrain.

Hands and arms inside the car at all times. Please secure loose items. The Train will be departing for Quittsville momentarily.

Enjoy the ride!

X2XL3qq.jpg

Easy Peasy

EDIT: since you are the 111th passenger on The Train, The Sarge will call you "Eleventy One".

Edited by Sgt.Sausage
  • Like 7

Hey Anna, welcome! it's a pleasure to meet you ,and congratulations on your quit :)  make yourself at home.. read and post.. ask questions ...enjoy the journey- laugh, joke and have fun with your quit.. if you need us, post and SOS and we'll come run'n.. other wise, enjoy your new smoke free life! :D  

• Like 1

Welcome to the board, Anna!  You are so wise to quit at your age...your body can and will heal itself and it will be as if you never smoked.  There are certainly dozens of us here who wish we had made that choice.  On the Quit Smoking discussions board, there is a lot of great information to help you educate yourself about the addiction and quitting.  There are a lot of kind, supportive, slightly nutty people here who will happily support your quit while having some fun along the way!!

• Like 1

Welcome Anna...nice to meet you :-)

6 days smoke free on your own..Congratulations...well done!

I am glad you are here and I am glad you posted. This forum is a wonderful place, you will meet a lot of inspiring people..I can promise you that! My advice would be....read a lot and get involved, get to know people and let us know you! We all are here because we quit smoking!

Just enjoy the ride with us!

• Like 1

Hi again Anna, good to chat earlier ;)

You already got a quit fare buddy, that is great!

Look forward to getting to know you better in the coming months.

Congratulations and welcome to the family!

• Like 2

Oh, I forgot to mention, there is another forum where many of us pledge N.O.P.E. (Not one puff ever) each day, and that helps us.  Once I have made  my daily pledge, smoking is out of the question for that day...hope this will help you, too.

• Like 3

Welcome Anna! Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking! So happy to see younger peeps quitting these days. You will love the support you receive on the Quit Train and its a great place to pay it forward as well

• Like 1

Anna, welcome to the Quit Train!  I'm so proud of you for quitting at your age!   I'm just reminding you that if you find you are having a hard time, feel free to post an S.O.S  on the S.O.S. Board.  Congratulations on your 6 days!

• Like 1

Welcome aboard the Quit Train Anna, good to see you have already quit that nasty habit. I am a recent quitter myself so still dependent on the support and advice of the veterans on this forum.

It looks like you have gotten plenty of replies already, though I expect you will see a great deal more before this day is out.

When I first quit, and before I found this community, I spent a lot of time reading and educating myself at another helpful website called whyquit.com.

Check it out, there are lots of informative videos and volumes of great reading material.

In the mean time, the best advice I can give you is to keep busy, do things you enjoy, and keep your hands and feet inside the train car at all times LOL

• Like 1

Brilliant Anna, I'm so pleased you posted and introduced yourself :)  Was so lovely to chat earlier, so sorry I had to run off, think my littlies were killing each other lol. Such a brilliant time to quit, before loads of damage is done, I'm even more excited for you now!!!  Yeah you have the same quit date as Sarah and I am doing it (we shorten that to Iam lol).  I can't believe you found us via Craigs list, that's hillarious but go "Nosmoketiffany" as I'm fair sure it was her who mentioned putting it on there :)  I can't wait for tomoz now to celebrate all these 1 weeks!!  Speak soon. x

• Like 1