Pixel Sketch is 2 Months Smoke-Free Today!

Reciprocity

Great Job PS :) Congratulations on your 2 month quit smoking anniversary. I'm sure you're finding it a lot easier now but keep up your guard against that Nicodemon. You know how sneaky he can be! And speaking of that Nicodemon; I saw that tweet you sent him :)

ve8y7l.jpg

• Like 4

WoooooHooooooooooooo!!!!!!  :D

Thank you so much everyone!!! :wub: It means a lot to me to have your support, especially when I haven't been able to be here in the last while. And though I haven't been here, you guys are always in my thoughts. And it's a great comfort to know you're here.

Two months feels wonderful!!! Honestly, if you're in the early days of your quit - STICK WITH IT! I know it feels hard now, but it gets so much better, so much faster than you could imagine.  :yahoo: Two months in, and smoking feels like it happened to someone else in another life. I very rarely have a faint thought of smoking, but it's so vague now, I just don't care. I did have my first and only smoking dream a couple of weeks ago. I woke up really pissed off, convinced I had smoked and blown my quit. The relief at finding out it was just a dream was enormous. Whew!!!!! Quit intact. But it's incredible how real that dream felt!!!

To combat the stress of my current work schedule, I've upped my workouts. Overhauled my eating plan to deal with the extra workout load - to make sure I have enough energy for the workout, recovery and just life -  and have rediscovered the pure joy of moving my butt again. And I've lost 6lbs! LOL I've worked out regularly all my life, but now I can go with the intensity of days long gone again, now that I can breathe again. It feels awesome. I spent an hour running up and down hills in a nearby park a couple of days ago. Hills are something I've avoided the last few years because my lungs would rebel. I do weight training 4x a week. And interval training. And I run. And walk. And jump!! I'm on 6x a week workouts with one rest day. And I find I now have so much energy, the rest day is more challenging than the workout days!! What??? I'm having so much fun. It feels so so so good to be a non-smoker. And to think that just over two months ago, I really believed that I would never be able to stop smoking. That I would be chained to that addiction for the rest of my life. That I would die from it. I felt so hopeless. So down. And utterly demoralized.

It's amazing what can happen when you take that first step and commit to NOPE. The days of NOPE add up and once the benefits start coming, THOSE become your new addiction. I'm addicted to deep breathing. And hill running. And just living again. Fully. I'm addicted to feeling joy again. I can't stop smiling. I look like an idiot. But, hey, I'm a happy idiot. So, it's all good.  :lol22:

I've delivered most of the elements in the project, client is happy, and I have one more to finish. Should be done by end of this coming week and then I'll be back here much more often. Finally!!!! It will feel incredible to have this year-long project done. I can't wait to move on to other things!!!!! LOL

Miss you guys!!! And...NOPE!  :good3:

• Like 3