I'm coming back.....

I am still here and still quit.

I have figured out that if I am idle for longer than 5 minutes......this is what is causing HUGE triggers for me. I have to stay busy which isn't hard but sitting down for a few minutes and I'm wanting to smoke. Today was much better. The weekends are a biatch.

And today....(don't judge me) I threw away my favorite ashtray. I used to just put them away in case I didn't keep my quit going and then I wouldn't have to go buy another one. But THIS ONE was my favorite. It was one of them glow in the dark ones.

It stank to high heaven.

Now off to eat dinner with some friends....my very very close friend is in town and is leaving tomorrow.

T2B, you are doing awesome amazing. Keep on going. Every day will get better and better from here. I'm so proud of you.

• Like 7

So yesterday, being quit, makes the longest period of time since I started smoking over 35 years ago that I have not smoked one cigarette.

So this is how my brain is working......"I have gone 38 days now not smoking. My next quit I can do 39 days."

Who in the hell thinks like this ????.

I swear there is something wrong with me. This cannot be normal.

But I'm still quit and have no plans to EVER go back to smoking.

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with you, just your mind trying to have its cake and eat it no doubt.

The thing is now, you'll get this yourself when more time has passed, that time doesn't matter. If you've been a non smoker for two days or two decades nothing happens (other than it gets easier) it's just actual time....you've stopped, you seem very committed to staying a non smoker....dare I say one of these fine days you'll look back and can't even relate that you were in fact ever a smoker.

Any plans for the weekend? It's just I remember you saying weekends felt tough, compared to the week. I was the opposite, I found the weekends not too bad...just the other five days for some reason. Till time passed of course.

So yesterday, being quit, makes the longest period of time since I started smoking over 35 years ago that I have not smoked one cigarette.

So this is how my brain is working......"I have gone 38 days now not smoking. My next quit I can do 39 days."

Who in the hell thinks like this ????.

I swear there is something wrong with me. This cannot be normal.

But I'm still quit and have no plans to EVER go back to smoking.

Who thinks like this ?  An addict thinks like this.

You are not abnormal or special in your thinking.

You are a Nicotine addict, listening to the addict's voice.

Stop listening to the addict's voice.

Stop giving it power.

You need to be pro-active and vigorous in identifying and replacing  'junkie thinking'.

Congratulations on staying smoke free.  

Hold on to your resolve and do some more inner work, it will make things easier.

do some more inner work, it will make things easier.

I don't wanna..... lol   

I want to sleep.  I want to relax and sleep.  

I'm not struggling.  It was just a thought that went through my head..... several times.  Not anything I want to act on.  

Kinda like when you're driving behind someone going 10 miles an hour and you think you wanna strangle them...... but then you move past them and you have already forgotten all about the murderous emotion you were experiencing 5 seconds ago.

I'm not even sure I know HOW to do inner work.  

• Like 1

Any plans for the weekend?

I am actually looking forward to this weekend.  

I have pet pigs and I am winterizing their pens this weekend.   They absolutely LOVE it when I get it finished.  So I will be busy most of the weekend.   

No craves will happen this weekend.  And if they do, then I will go smell the hay and not worry about whether I am going to accidentally set it on fire with my cigarettes.  

• Like 3

I am still here. Still quit. And still very sick.

I over cleaned a room with bleach and I hurt my lungs and sinuses. I ended up missing work Friday and haven't left the house yet today. Hurts to cough.And my whole sinus cavity is hurting. And I'm such a big baby when I'm sick.

Oh dear !  I am so sorry you are sick.

Here is a virtual bowl of lemony chicken soup made with love.

Hope you are better soon, this is going on too long, Tiff.

Go see your quack and take very very good care of yourself !

I am so glad you are still smoke free.

Your lungs are even more appreciative...can you imagine cigarette's chemical burn and bleach too ?  wow.

Just checking in......

Hold on to your seat.... I'm still quit.  50 days, 4 hours and 3 minutes.  Havent' smoked 1505 cigarettes. 

I had to leave for a while.  I did log on and saw a post about Stewie being 7 months and still struggling.  My mind went crazy with that....."7 months and still struggling ?!?!"  I can't do this for 7 months.  Please note, Stewie, that there is nothing wrong with that or you posting it..... it was my thinking.  But I could see myself adopting his quit as my own.  Thinking that I can give myself permission to smoke cause that would be better than 7 months of this shet.  

So I had to separate myself.  And understand that this is my quit.  I still have my junkie thinking.  It's mostly "I can do this.  Now that I know how to do it, I can do it again"  I just don't really act on it though.  Some days are harder than others..... but all in all..... it's beginning to smoothe itself out.  

I have also been really busy.  Got sick and then life took over again.  

But I'm still here.  And I'm still quit.  

• Like 2

I am so glad that you are still smoke free, Tiffany.

Congratulations.

I hope you realize this is a big deal and you are going to go through some changes for a long time.

Not necessarily craves or triggers but, changes associated with stopping an addiction and changing patterns associated with the addiction.

Cigarettes changed our DNA fgs.

These changes and thoughts are not to be feared, they are signals for you to pay attention and stay quit.

Complacency is dangerous.

Protect your quit and remember to have fun.

Awesome job, Tiffany!  Maybe you have but if you kept a journal and read back through every entry and remembered each small struggle you went through, each crave you endured until it passed and to where you are now, you would probably resolve that you will never let nicotine into your body again.  I guess this thread (and your posts in other threads) can serve as a similar purpose.  You cannot under any circumstances ever take another puff or introduce nicotine back into your body now.  

Something you wrote to another member recently.  :)

If there is nothing else you give to yourself, quit smoking.  It's not just about lung cancer and the crap you hear about how bad smoking is..... it's about really loving yourself.  

It's about living.  Just live for today.
  • Like 1