Today I love....

babs609

Healthy pink gums

How about you? What is it today specifically, that you love about being a non smoker?

Try to narrow it down to just 1 thing today. You can always post again tomorrow. :)

Go!

• Like 3

I'm going to have the same type of answer Evelyn did: my house smells like red velvet cake candle, and instead of stale smoke, I smell like 'Venice Dolce Berry' (B&BW's). (Remember that from wayyyy back when Babs?)

Actually, on that note I'm going for a run. No more lazing about.

• Like 4

Healthy pink gums

"Mr. Sarge - has anyone talked with you about <cue dramatic music> Periodontal Disease ... yadda yadda yadda ... "bone loss" ... blah blah blah ... surgery ... tooth loss and dentures ..."

Had the "scraping and planing"/deep-cleaning. The next step was the slicing-of-the-gums-so-we-can-really-get-all-up-in-there-to-clean surgery ...

All gone.

Not. A. Sign... of active gum disease.

All but disappeared when Sarge quit smoking.

"We tell everyone that quitting smoking is the best thing they can do ... but holy hell, nobody but nobody ever actually does it ... " Is what the Hygienist said.

Not a sign of gum disease in over 3 years.

Easy Peasy.

• Like 6

You know that tea kettle dog whistle sound, that you literally hear under your breath, but think is coming from somewhere else? And when you realize it's you, you panic, because it won't go away, and now you've finally done it. And what if it never goes away? What if...

I love never hearing that sound.

* edited to add knock wood no jinxies cross my heart.

• Like 3