Christmas Party #1 of Season

jess

Really thought I had this...until I had a few drinks....why can't I be a social smoker like so many of them...damn it smells good for the first time since I quit...I am strong than this..I cannot throw 2 months away..

why can't I be a social smoker

Why would you want to poison yourself and others ?

Step away from the temptation, Jess.

Breathe in some CLEAN air and get a grip.

Maybe step away from alcohol for a while until you END the damn romance with a stinky stick of poison.

• Like 1

I seriously do not know how to not smoke ever. I'm fighting the battle. Left the smoking people and am back inside. This is the very 1st time I have been by my marina friends..the smoking ones since the boats got pulled out and stored...Spent most of my summer at the marina of course gravitating to my fellow smokers. ..

• Like 1

You will be stronger and it will be easier the next time you see your marina friends.

You Don't Smoke, Jess.  That is it.

Right NOW you don't smoke. 

Get through these minutes, these hours,  SMOKE FREE.

sorry, I didn't hear you in Chat.  I am back there now.

• Like 1

Hell, DD is right.  You're also one puff away from a lifetime of smoking, suffering, emphysema and the stench of disease.

And you are right because I said from the get go this will be my last attempt ever. Either I do it is this time or I will never attempt again.

I can't even post right ..this is posted twice. God I wish I never started smoking.

And you are right because I said from the get go this will be my last attempt ever. Either I do it is this time or I will never attempt again.

http://www.quittrain.com/topic/259-pre-respond-to-your-own-sos/?p=100152

• Like 1

DD...I searched for that earlier and couldn't find it....I will read it and re read it....thank you..I cannot smoke...it is so hard..I need to get out of here..

Girl... get out of there if you can. ;) Xmas party has proved to be too soon. So proud of you for not throwing it away and coming here to SOS, it shows how committed you are to this quit. 

• Like 3

listen to yourself....you sound silly...you know all those smokers want to be you? wish they had a two month quit.  wish they didn't stink, have bad breath, spend money on poison and ALL of them know its bad...no doubt about that...bet they don't smoke in front of kids...know that looks dumb to them....but cool at a party? cool is doing your thing and being able to kiss later without brushing off that coating of junk on teeth....cool is not smoking anymore...

so you liked smell? go rub some ashes on upper lip.  wear it for ten minutes and come type that again...it smells bad, worse than that go kiss a couple smokers, get a good wiff of their clothes with a big hug....like it? doubt it....

ass for you, two monthes is great, doubt you really want to smoke, asked to be a social smoker? there was a video of post about being social nose picker long time back...that's how disgusting social smokng is

SO just keep marching, put head down and push through this because the easy part is right in front of you...hard part is over, it is, trust me

• Like 2

PS  Hope your sleeping right now and wake up with good hangover....good hangover has a way of making us recount or rethink our position on stupidity from night before, 

unless she was really good looking or let you do things nobody else ever did...then you marry her.....which usually just extended the stupidity

Hey Jess. I hope that you got through this.

Well done for posting SOS, that shows real commitment.

For me, I can't quit forever. Forever is just way too big and too scary a word.

I can however say "Not One Puff Ever, Just for Today". One day, I can do. Then to borrow from advertising, "rinse and repeat".

A big crave defeated is a battle won. So give yourself a huge pat on the back.

• Like 5

It takes a while jess to disassociate drinking with smoking it was my hardest battle, but it does get easier I promise soon you fill the time with something else like karaoke or other silly antics

2 months ago I would agree and say yeah I wish I could be a social smoker but not now, it's not needed and still would have the same effects and negativity and let's face it if we could be one of those we would have been before deciding to quit

We have to NOPE jess and when drinking we have to dig those heels in

You can do it and it will get easier xxx

• Like 3

Sp proud of you jess....you reached out and saved your precious quit....

You would have been the envy of every smoker there....only because they are addicts they wouldn't tell you that...

We have to be careful around alcohol....it brings our guard down....

Hugh five.....xxx

• Like 2