One Month

giopetro

Hi Everyone.

Just here to say that I am officially at my one month.

The beginning was the easiest for me. It wasn’t until maybe after the 3 week that I was having the odd craving. Usually after a meal. Usually when im home alone just watching tv. I did not give in. I walk a lot more now. On purpose. Taking public transit to work (by choice) forces me to walk at least 2 miles a day. And I feel great. The demons are still there. They come and haunt me from time to time. But honestly just knowing how terrible I don’t feel weekend mornings after a pack of cigarette night is all I need to remember to shut them up. I look at people smoking and am 10% envois and 90% disgusted. The best feeling is that I can sit in my company’s weekly 3 hr meetings without the urge to rip my own face off :)

That’s all. Happy Tuesday. 

• Like 14

Congrats Gio!  You are taking public transit?  To protect your quit?  That is awesome, says you really want this quit.  Especially if you are taking the MBTA, the last time I took one of those trains I think I pulled some hair out and I was a smoker then.  Keep up the good work and don't forget to reward yourself for one month smoke free!

Congratulations, Giopetro! One month is a biggie! That was the one I was most worried about-- I was pretty sure I could make one week. And I was pretty sure that if I made one month I would have encountered and overcome almost all of my trigger situations. But could I make it to one month?? Maybe not. 

But I did make it and so did  you. Hooray!!

Now that you have quit smoking how do you feel? Has the smoking made any noticeable difference? I know that you've been serious all along about good nutrition and regular exercise so maybe you were already so fit that quitting smoking didn't change much. What do you think?

Colleen: Haha. I know the feeling. Im taking the MBTA because it forces me to walk at least a mile to each stop. Which i could sit in front of my house and wait for the bus.. but idle hands...you know the rest. you should see the driving traffic when all the lovely students come back if you hate the MBTA. i would drive a sane man to do awful things. 

Chrysalis: I do notice a lot of differences. As far as health I do notice a change in stamina already. I rode a 50 mile cycle tour on Sunday, Ive done them before. but never in the time i finished. And i felt much beter after..

to your health! 

• Like 1