September 28, 20206 yr I had to go in for prostate surgery last Thursday and was discharged over the weekend. It was nice when they asked if I quit smoking and I could answer a confident yes! It will be a couple of weeks til I feel normal. Except for a couple of "smoking dreams" during the last week, I still have no desire or cravings. Thank goodness.
September 28, 20206 yr That's awesome Steven and you'll probably find yourself healing much faster than when you smoked! Hope you're 100% soon
September 28, 20206 yr Author 46 minutes ago, jillar said: That's awesome Steven and you'll probably find yourself healing much faster than when you smoked! Hope you're 100% soon Thanks Jillar. It is getting easier every day.
September 28, 20206 yr I was told by a surgeon that non-smokers heal much faster and better than smokers. My wishes to you for a speedy and full recovery! 😊
September 28, 20206 yr Author 6 minutes ago, Mona said: I was told by a surgeon that non-smokers heal much faster and better than smokers. My wishes to you for a speedy and full recovery! 😊 Thank you, Mona 1 hour ago, Mac#23 said: This is great to hear Steven. You're stronger than the addiction. Thank you, Mac
September 29, 20206 yr Steven, you definitely heal faster and better if you are a non-smoker. Take it from me, it's a fact!!! Hope you feel better soon!
September 29, 20206 yr Awesome, Steven. Keep it going! It feels great being able to tell the doc you quit, right! I'm going to add that to my list. Hope you're all better soon!
September 30, 20206 yr That is great Steven. I remember a hospital stay in my smoking days - laying in bed, plotting my way to the exit so I could go have a smoke! Isn't it a wonderful feeling not being chained to those thoughts! Keep that wonderful quit going.
September 30, 20206 yr I remember when I first blurted out ,very proudly ..I'm a Non Smoker ......Good for you .. Get well soon Steven ..glad your op went well ...
September 30, 20206 yr Author Thank you everyone for all the well wishes. I am glad I have you folks for support.❤
September 30, 20206 yr Wishing you a speedy recovery, Steven. Glad you are feeling pride in quitting smoking. There are tons of benefits that come along with quitting.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.