Back to smoking after 30 days

Warrior

15 hours ago, Warrior said:

I hate smoking but I cant let go.

Why can't you let go?

You said yourself that you "hate smoking."  Do you hate the idea of quitting more?

Is it worth continuing to be a slave to the cigarette to avoid the temporary discomfort of quitting?

Sentencing yourself to a lifetime of smoking to avoid the challenge of quitting is a terrible decision.

"The avoidance of suffering is a form of suffering.  The avoidance of struggle is a struggle."  --Mark Manson

• Like 5

You can quit again, Warrior! Set your next quit date, make a quit plan and get ready! Read up as much as you can, watch Joel Spitzer's videos and keep hating those cigarettes to psyche yourself out until you quit for good.  Just keep quitting...no reason not to.  Good luck!

• Like 3

On 2/28/2020 at 12:31 AM, Warrior said:

I have been trying to quit for the last 21 years started smoking when I was 18, messed up my life was good at most sports, football, cricket, badminton etc. Started smoking with friends then ended up with joints in uni, then that continued along with smoking, to be honest I think I ruined my life with this one wrong choice in life got gerd now last month i had 227 cholesterol quit for a month then back on it again. Its like 2.28 at night i feel so bad cant breath well smokers breath, big belly, gerd, high chlestrol 3 beautiful kids and messing my life because of this addiction. When  I smoke I feel relaxed thats why I light up every time, I feel depressed so I light up. need help i want to quit please.

On 3/2/2020 at 12:02 PM, Warrior said:

thanks for the motivation but I am again smoking half a pack a day. I hate smoking but I cant let go. These days its a lot of pressure on certain business commitments and I have to light up. I dont know when this shit will stop. I have 3 lovely kids and a loving wife but I cant stop. 

Hi warrior , I smoked 40 a day for 40 years . My BP and Cholesterol and wellbeing were all bad . I joined here and used the NHS Couch to 5K App as added motivation .  Smoking is now not even a bad memory - it is an irrelevance . It's worth a bit of discomfort to get to this stage . I now run 3 times a week and love it , my BP and blood has now normalised - You could do the same , one hour at a time , one day at a time - N.O.P.E . Easy

• Like 7

Nope.  

you either smoke or you don’t.  

not a tough liner but seriously going to say all of us must be tougher than you and you have a special circumstance that makes it so dam impossible for YOU to quit.  We were all juSt lucky it was so much easier to just put them down and become the smart people.  Bullshit.   
it was just as hard for us. And we all quit. Everyone who responded to you had same addiction.  Suck it up buttercup.  Smoke or Quit.  But it’s all up to you and if we could do it. You can too

Sure it’s tough. But mind over matter. Once you really want to quit, nothing will stop you

nope

Edited by bakon
  • Like 6

• 3 weeks later...