Almost caved!!!!!!

Kdad

Crazy. Only 15 days until my quit for a year mark and I just had the worst craving yet. I was going to the gas station for something else, then the thought, I could just buy a pack. It was that old relapse feeling of, well I"ll see how I feel at the checkout. It seems absurd now but I almost did it. Stay strong, you are never above it.

• Like 8

Kdad, that happened to me too when I was about where you are. I actually thought about celebrating my one year with a cigarette 😣

Glad you stayed strong, that's what having time under your belt affords us :)

• Like 6

This is a good lesson for all of us, @Kdad

Addiction doesn't go away.  It can activate in a heartbeat.

Your are still fresh in your first year but temptations will get weaker and weaker.

It is just that they can come up any time, unannounced and unwanted.

This is why I keep NOPE as my first response, always.

You are doing great, don't be discouraged.

We have to learn to live with the insidiousness of addiction and it gets easier and easier.

• Like 6

Thank God you didn't smoke, Kdad.  You know that is off limits by now.  

That is a good reminder that we are all addicts and that addiction is still capable of showing up out of nowhere.  Just remember that smoking is never an option.

Congratulations on a great quit.  Looking forward to seeing you hit that one year mark.

• Like 5

Great job on not caving in.  I too had a  similar experience with almost a year in (during the holiday season) -- it was scary and I just hunkered  down and focused on the quit, I did not want to  waste a year of hard work and it has been worth it ever since.  Just keep thinking that you will be on the Lido Deck very soon -- Congrats!!!!

• Like 5

Well done Martian.

Remember, your crave is like a beast, and all beasts need to be on a leash.

The next time your crave starts crying you give that leash a firm tug, and tell the beast to "HEEL!"

Edited by Sirius
grammer
  • Like 3