Don't be silly, stay quit.

robf

I've been quit for a little over a year and the amount of people who have quit and relapsed and quit and relapsed in that time is phenomenal. It's interesting to see the pain they keep putting themselves through, and the pointlessness of it all.

If you want an easy life, quit an stay quit! Seriously relapsing might feel like the easy way out but you need to go through withdrawal again, and the stress of feeling like you've failed, and the knowing looks from me and pointing at you and prodding you with a stick saying "Fricking idiot".

Educate yourself, smoking has been demonstrated to likely make you poorly and give you a bit of ouchy which needs a little more than strokey strokey there threre kissy better.

Throw away all smoking paraphernalia. Cigarettes, skins, tobacco, filters, lighters, matches, ashtrays.

If your partner isn't on board with your quit, withdraw sexual favours until they go outside for smokes and clean their teeth afterwards.

If you have a faith, your gods will not help you, after all, they created tobacco in the first place.

It's all on YOU!

Sorry.

You chose to start smoking, you choose to stop smoking. It's entirely your responsibility and no amount of excuses, blame or reasoning will change this.*

Don't relapse, 'tis a silly thing to do. Make your life easier, stay quit.

* Unless of course there was some kind of clockwork orange like forcing you to smoke thing then I take it all back.

• Like 18

If your partner isn't on board with your quit, withdraw sexual favours until they go outside for smokes and clean their teeth afterwards.

so that's what I'm doing wrong???  damn...i need to be more assertive!!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 years later...

I've been quit for a little over a year and the amount of people who have quit and relapsed and quit and relapsed in that time is phenomenal. It's interesting to see the pain they keep putting themselves through, and the pointlessness of it all.

If you want an easy life, quit an stay quit! Seriously relapsing might feel like the easy way out but you need to go through withdrawal again, and the stress of feeling like you've failed, and the knowing looks from me and pointing at you and prodding you with a stick saying "Fricking idiot".

Educate yourself, smoking has been demonstrated to likely make you poorly and give you a bit of ouchy which needs a little more than strokey strokey there threre kissy better.

Throw away all smoking paraphernalia. Cigarettes, skins, tobacco, filters, lighters, matches, ashtrays.

If you have a faith, your gods will not help you, after all, they created tobacco in the first place.

It's all on YOU!

Sorry.

You chose to start smoking, you choose to stop smoking. It's entirely your responsibility and no amount of excuses, blame or reasoning will change this.*

* Unless of course there was some kind of clockwork orange like forcing you to smoke thing then I take it all back.

This post resonated with me, early in my quit and today too.

• 1 year later...

Pulled this after strolling through the archives this morning...

On 5/9/2014 at 5:59 AM, robf said:

It's all on YOU!

Sorry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While it may make plenty of sense to you the hows and whys of staying quit, others may not.  

Did you quit the first try?  If so, thats awesome!  But that is certainly not the norm.  I tried and failed a dozen times.  Then i finally got it right.  

There is a reason why studies show quitting smoking is harder than heroin... 

• Like 1

That some people fail repeatedly and try again is certainly true, it does not detract from the facts in the original post.  Many, many people quit on the first try, and never take another puff. Those that do, are simply overcome by their own ability to live with the choice they made.

Including me. 

Edited by barry
  • Like 2

On 26/08/2016 at 6:21 PM, Sirius said:

H. P. Lovecraft said it well in his story, "The Case of Charles Dexter Ward."

Do NOT CALL UP THAT WHICH YOU CANNOT PUT DOWN.

This applies to addictions as well as the summoning of demons; but I repeat myself.

Bahaha thats pretty dope. Satanism and smoking, serious stuff!

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...