Daily exercise log for everyone :)

I did some squats, crunches, arm exercises etc...and wait for it you know it's coming ........I ran 3.1 miles....tricked ya didn't I thought I was going to say walk huh nope I ran 3.1 miles wasn't a pretty run but it was a run...havent run in awhile....i am going to run a 4 mile race in August so wanted to see if I could get to 3.1 miles.... I did ?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️???

What Is everyone else doing today?

Lisa

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Frezflops said:

tricked ya didn't I thought I was going to say walk huh nope I ran 

Guess what I did today...went for a walk.

Did an out-and-back hike at Jacks River this morning.  Total of 9.4 miles plus another 3/10 of a mile with some spur trail action thrown in.  Nice day for a hike.  The water levels were up and the falls were roaring this morning.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, BKP said:

Climbed mountain nearly 8400’ yesterday. Killer hard! Pic shows me at rescue box 2 (about 6000’). Have to admit I was a little pissed off that Boo had apparently beat me to it.

vfa99y.jpg

This goat marks his territory.

• Like 3

I've put together a basic and simple routine built around strength work and boxing.

This morning I warmed up with 10-minutes of jump rope and 5-minutes of footwork drills.  Strength work consisted of: Deadlift, Push-Press, Bench Press, and Bent-Over Row.  All 5x5 and done with a barbell.  Finished up with 5 rounds on the heavy bag.

My schedule is slowly but surely returning to normal.  I've missed having a workout routine and plan on sticking with this one for at least the next four-weeks.

• Like 3

Got in a boxing workout this morning.  Jumped Rope and did 15-minutes of footwork and defensive drills.  Five rounds on the heavy bag.  Two rounds on the speed bag.  Three rounds on the double-end bag.  Finished up with some core work: Hanging Leg Raises, Russian Twists, and Good Mornings.

• Like 2

On 4/30/2018 at 4:39 PM, Boo said:

This morning I warmed up with 10-minutes of jump rope and 5-minutes of footwork drills.  Strength work consisted of: Deadlift, Push-Press, Bench Press, and Bent-Over Row.  All 5x5 and done with a barbell.  Finished up with 5 rounds on the heavy bag.

Repeated this morning.

I like settling into a routine.

• Like 1

3.52am - 2 dogs walked, 1 to go and I can't be bothered but this is the one who needs it the most will have a cuppa first then head back out... maybe he will settle for being off the leash in the park and running to his hearts content... and not run away this time.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PeaceTrain said:

30 minutes on the elliptical yesterday morning

30 minutes on the snooze button this morning

I read that as epilator (ouch 30 mins now thats hard core ?)

As for me I prefer a mental work out rather than a physical one so obv's just reading and picturing all your hard work has been exhausting, time to put my feet up  ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got in some bonus boxing work this afternoon: 5 rounds on the heavy bag, some medicine ball throws, and punch-out intervals.

This was beneficial for two reasons...One: I'm going to start sparring again next week and need to be sharp before stepping in the ring.  Two: I had the displeasure of dealing with a certain type of people today(I think the technical term for them is "asshole").  If you punch people, there are charges filed and lawsuits.  If you wail away on a heavy bag for a while, there are no legal consequences and you work out a lot of frustration.  Cathartic.

• Thanks 1

Got in some boxing work this morning: 10-minutes of jump rope, 4 rounds on the heavy bag, 2 rounds of slip-line work, 2 rounds on the double-end bag, and 2 rounds on the speed bag.  Finished up with some rotational core work: Landmines and Russian Twists.

And at work today, I spent most of the day setting up a jobsite in a huge warehouse.  Walked all day and spent much of that time rolling big tanks of argon and nitrogen around.  I'm counting that as a workout.

I sat on me arse, I stood in a que for 1.5hrs to buy 1 school uniform shirt and 1 school uniform trackie dacks for the princely sum of $93.95 and then I sat on me arse at a cafe downing almond milk flat whites and glaring as me mates at the yummy wedges and cheesy and truffle toasties..... didn't even walk the fur babies.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Rowed my first regatta of the year yesterday. I was in three catergories and got through to three finals. So six races and won two medals. Hitting the gym at twelve noon today for metafit with my sis in law. Shes joined my club, this could be a competitive metafit class haha 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, WeegieWoman said:

Rowed my first regatta of the year yesterday. I was in three catergories and got through to three finals. So six races and won two medals.

OMFG.... You bloody Ledge Weeg.... frick before we know it you'll be on the gold medal dais and we will be listening to:

• Haha 1

Ok so woke up, got out of bed, done some stretches, descended the stairs, done some weight bearing by filling the kettle, lunged for my mug, coffee, milk and sugar.. Sat down totally knackered.. wonder how many calories I burned..???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1