Daily exercise log for everyone :)

That's a pretty brisk pace @Katgirl on incline too.  Losing weight is tricky - the body is kinda stubborn about maintaining the sticky weight.  Consistent workout should show changes in inches and general physical improvement.

Maybe see if there's room to make some changes in the kitchen?  Carbs, sugars, snacks, portions ...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, d2e8b8 said:

That's a pretty brisk pace @Katgirl on incline too.  Losing weight is tricky - the body is kinda stubborn about maintaining the sticky weight.  Consistent workout should show changes in inches and general physical improvement.

Maybe see if there's room to make some changes in the kitchen?  Carbs, sugars, snacks, portions ...

Yes, I definitely should make some dietary changes, especially since my blood work shows that I am prediabetic. My FBS was 103, and needs to be 100, or lower. I think working out will help correct that, as well. I just need to get a little more focused on diet and exercise. I did do an outdoor power walk this evening, so a total of more than an hour a day should help me attain my fitness goals.

• Like 1

Ace, From memory carb up before you start and drink lots of water. When you are done carb up again and get some adult electrolyte drinks.  It is going to be fun, I hate being old as dirt.  I would love to ice skate again but I think that one passed me too!

K

I had a solid swim considering I haven't raced anything in over 7 years! First few hundred yards my heart rate was high but then I focused on relaxing and had an awesome swim rest of the way. Finished about middle of the pack which I was happy with. Thanks for all the luck!!

image0 (004).jpg

Naples1.jpg

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, AceWhite said:

Running the Xterra off-road triathlon in Laguna Beach in 5 weeks. A nice 1/4 mile swim in the Pacific then 15 grueling miles of mountain biking then a 4k trail run to the finish line. Next few weeks i'll be spending time on the mountain bike climbing hills

https://xterralagunabeach.com/eventinfo/

I know you’ve been training hard for that. Good luck. I can’t wait to hear how that goes. 😊 Yesterday it was still 93 degrees F at 7:00 PM, so I did my 2nd workout on the treadmill, though not quite as intense. Mostly, I tried to emulate my outdoor walk, 3 mph with no incline, but for the last 10 minutes I ramped up both speed and incline. My new goal is 2 30-35 min. workouts per day. I need to drink more water than I’m used to, and alter my diet, a bit. If I don’t shed weight, I should at least be more fit, and hopefully healthier. We shall see how it goes.

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 2

Since I am spending a week at my house, I am using my Schwinn exercise bike for my 30 minute cardio workouts. I ride 6.5 miles in a half hour. It seems harder than the treadmill, but doesn’t burn as many calories, which is frustrating. The important thing, though, is I am still able to work out.😊

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 4

Headed to Laguna Coast this morning to mountain bike the bike course for Xterra  triathlon in a few weeks. There's some brutal climbs right away- about 4.5 miles up a ridge to the top then another 5 miles of up n down. Very challenging trails but i've put in the work and enjoyed the ride. Looks like i'll be riding plenty of hills next few weeks to prepare.

• Like 3

@AceWhite, and I’m proud of myself for doing 6.7 mi on my Schwinn exercise bike, daily, at a moderate resistance level… It takes me 30 minutes, and seems hard. I am 70, though, so maybe I have a right to be proud. 🤔

I really dread my daily workout, but have a feeling of accomplishment, when I finish. 

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, AceWhite said:

Headed to Laguna Coast this morning to mountain bike the bike course for Xterra  triathlon in a few weeks. There's some brutal climbs right away- about 4.5 miles up a ridge to the top then another 5 miles of up n down. Very challenging trails but i've put in the work and enjoyed the ride. Looks like i'll be riding plenty of hills next few weeks to prepare.

Good job @AceWhite Enjoy!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Katgirl said:

@AceWhite, and I’m proud of myself for doing 6.7 mi on my Schwinn exercise bike, daily, at a moderate resistance level… It takes me 30 minutes, and seems hard. I am 70, though, so maybe I have a right to be proud. 🤔

I really dread my daily workout, but have a feeling of accomplishment, when I finish. 

Thats awesome at any age Katgirl! Im proud of you too :)

The best part of any workout is recovery

• Like 1

Back at the ranch today, so treadmill time. It’s weird to me that it seems easier than the exercise bike, but burns more calories. It seems counterintuitive. I think my heart gets a better workout on the treadmill, and on the bike, it’s my legs that get more of a workout, and get tired. The incline on the treadmill is probably what makes me burn more calories. It’s nice that I own both pieces of equipment, and can maintain an exercise routine at both homes. It’s also nice to change things up. Today I did 32 minutes at 2.5- 3 % incline, at 3.3 mph. My target heart rate was right where it should be. I take it, manually, several times during my workout. (I am a retired RN) so, easy easy, for me. No need for a heart monitor on my equipment, though it’s available on both.

• Like 1

I have increased my incline on my treadmill from 2.5 to 3% for the final 10 minutes of my 30 minute workout and speed is 3.3 mph. By the time I am done,  sweat is dripping down my face, and my heart rate is in the 120’s. My resting rate is 55- 60.  I usually go an extra 2 minutes, to make up for any short breaks, even though the breaks don’t count against my time. (When I pause the machine, and restart, it picks back up, from where it stopped.) I have stopped drinking sugared beverages, and only drink water, aside from my coffee in the morning. I start each day with a high protein weight loss shake. I am definitely eating less than 1500 calories a day, and burning 250, during my workout. I am hoping to see some progress in my weight loss goal. We shall see. I do know that slow and steady wins the race.😊

• Like 3