So I guess i am suppose to "quit" tobacco again.

JB 883

No, I did not relapse. However, i got a letter from my insurance saying their records showed i am a tobacco user.

Well, I can honest to Bejesus say i have not had a hit since Oct 6th. But here is the scam -

It said i can earn up to $40 on a prepaid gift card from Wal-Fart if i sign up and complete that QUIT-NOW BS.

So completing such a program would be a snap for someone who has already quit months or years ago. There are a few problems though -

1) Does it have any hidden cost to sign up and go through the course?

2) Do they test for nicotine before and after? Even my "before" would show NO nicotine, so...

3) How would they know whether or not some Quitter was claiming to be a smoker just to "quit" and get a coveted $40 Wal-Fart gift card?

I do not really give a shit about honesty if they do not test. I know I already quit a while back, they don't need to know :D

If the course is some long boring BS that is not worth $40 to do because it is a hassle, how do insurance companies go about gathering proof someone doesn't (or no longer) smoke?

other - they said I have 12 months to quit. Who the hell takes a year to quit smoking? My own program took me about five days.

Plus I am getting tired of all these things that talk about how "You have a high chance of relapse". Oh bull crap. If anyone would need assistance quitting it would have been me. I thought smoking was a big joke. I enjoyed doing it. It was only costing me about $1.25 a pack. YET, I quit ON MY OWN. Not cause of some doctor, program, message board, quit buddy, or even major health problem. Some of us do not need to thank anything nor anyone other than ourselves for quitting, yet these companies act like it cannot be done. Fcuk them. I didn't pay a red cent for any kind of quit program.

So anyways that aside, how should I handle the fact that my insurance thinks I still smoke?

Edited by Jetblack

The premiums do not increase for 12 months (from what date?) but yeah if they are gonna give me $40 then why not go through some quit program unless that program is boring or whatever.

And no, I am not planning on relapse.

12 hours ago, Jetblack said:

other - they said I have 12 months to quit. Who the hell takes a year to quit smoking? My own program took me about five days.

Plus I am getting tired of all these things that talk about how "You have a high chance of relapse". Oh bull crap. If anyone would need assistance quitting it would have been me. I thought smoking was a big joke. I enjoyed doing it. It was only costing me about $1.25 a pack. YET, I quit ON MY OWN. Not cause of some doctor, program, message board, quit buddy, or even major health problem. Some of us do not need to thank anything nor anyone other than ourselves for quitting, yet these companies act like it cannot be done. Fcuk them. I didn't pay a red cent for any kind of quit program.

I needed a year and then some. And there is a high chance of relapse because of how addicting nicotine is.  If you quit on your own like you said you did why are you here? Is it just to rub it in our faces how "easy" your quit was? 

I needed my message board and quit buddy and truly believe that this is what helped me quit.  

Edited by jillar
  • Like 5

Some always gets their panties in a bunch when I talk about how quitting was not that hard. Only hard part was the three month mark.

Why do some get upset when I mention that quitting was not super hard for me? Is it because i didn't smoke away 40 or 50 years of my life before deciding, "this could kill me"?

And Jillar, the reason I am here - I started off on QSMB just to pass time and whatever. I saw how that crowd was when you all decided to gang up on FrazzledApril over her using vape to quit tobacco. So she gets banned And everyone cheers about it. Well, I happened to get along fine with her. She was here for a bit but stopped logging in, probably busy in real life.

But yeah through another member there she contacted me and mentioned QT. The Qt crowd seemed different in a good way. So, here I am.

This isn't QSMB Nor are the regulars here anywhere near as cliquish like that other place was. If you do not like what i have to say, there is a mute/ignore/whatever somewhere. I am not sure where, I looked for it so I could explain how it works.

Forums are fun to chat and whatever but i think if my own KTQ had been contingent on some silly QSMB clique accepting me, I would have failed just days in.

3 hours ago, jillar said:

I needed a year and then some. And there is a high chance of relapse because of how addicting nicotine is.  If you quit on your own like you said you did why are you here? Is it just to rub it in our faces how "easy" your quit was? 

I needed my message board and quit buddy and truly believe that this is what helped me quit.  

15 hours ago, Jetblack said:

No, I did not relapse. However, i got a letter from my insurance saying their records showed i am a tobacco user.

Well, I can honest to Bejesus say i have not had a hit since Oct 6th. But here is the scam -

It said i can earn up to $40 on a prepaid gift card from Wal-Fart if i sign up and complete that QUIT-NOW BS.

So completing such a program would be a snap for someone who has already quit months or years ago. There are a few problems though -

1) Does it have any hidden cost to sign up and go through the course?

2) Do they test for nicotine before and after? Even my "before" would show NO nicotine, so...

3) How would they know whether or not some Quitter was claiming to be a smoker just to "quit" and get a coveted $40 Wal-Fart gift card?

I do not really give a shit about honesty if they do not test. I know I already quit a while back, they don't need to know :D

If the course is some long boring BS that is not worth $40 to do because it is a hassle, how do insurance companies go about gathering proof someone doesn't (or no longer) smoke?

So anyways that aside, how should I handle the fact that my insurance thinks I still smoke?

My insurance company made me take a urine test.  It was worth it as it cut my life insurance premium in half, and I did not even have to pay for the test.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/7/2018 at 1:38 PM, Jetblack said:

Some always gets their panties in a bunch when I talk about how quitting was not that hard. Only hard part was the three month mark.

Why do some get upset when I mention that quitting was not super hard for me? Is it because i didn't smoke away 40 or 50 years of my life before deciding, "this could kill me"?

And Jillar, the reason I am here - I started off on QSMB just to pass time and whatever. I saw how that crowd was when you all decided to gang up on FrazzledApril over her using vape to quit tobacco. So she gets banned And everyone cheers about it. Well, I happened to get along fine with her. She was here for a bit but stopped logging in, probably busy in real life.

But yeah through another member there she contacted me and mentioned QT. The Qt crowd seemed different in a good way. So, here I am.

This isn't QSMB Nor are the regulars here anywhere near as cliquish like that other place was. If you do not like what i have to say, there is a mute/ignore/whatever somewhere. I am not sure where, I looked for it so I could explain how it works.

Forums are fun to chat and whatever but i think if my own KTQ had been contingent on some silly QSMB clique accepting me, I would have failed just days in.

After reading this lovely post, I couldn't help but join just to remind you of the few pm's you sent to me complaining of how management at the Quit Train would allow Joel Spitzer to post his videos helping members quit because he was never a smoker. How about you learn to take what you can use and leave the rest. If joel hasn't helped you, forums haven't helped you, quit buddies haven't helped you, then that is not your problem or your business. If only chatting, playing games and trying to entertain helps you to stay quit then that is your business. Just don't make light of how difficult it is for others to get comfortable in their quits. Also 40 to 50 years smoking and then deciding to quit makes them no more ignorant  or harder to quit than you smoking that first cigarette. Best of luck to you Tiredofit.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

On 4/8/2018 at 6:38 AM, Jetblack said:

Really, are you serious you don't understand why 'some' get upset when you mention how easy quitting was for you? Do you just post statements like this because you want the attention and responses it will attract? OK let me make this simple:

1) Nine times out of ten it isn't the fact you have had an easy quit that alienates people because if you had even the tinest bit of modesty or decorum about announcing it 90% of us would be happy for you that you had not endured whatever degree of hell we had.They way you present the fact that you quit was easy is pretty arrogant and insulting to anyone who is, has or did struggle. You come across as if you think you're superior to everyone who has struggled, even in the slightest, during their quit. You come across with absolutely no empathy to anyone else and the journey they travel. Look mate, the world is full of people experiencing this thing we call life in a multitude of different ways, carrying completely different baggage and guess what regardless of their different experiences, 'ethnicity', mental health, marital status, parental status, amount of money spent on smokes, sexuality, how long they smoked, how old they were when they started, religion, or spirituality,  NONE OF THESE difference makes them any less of a person than you nor do they give you any degree of superiority. 

2) The boards are littered with tactless, narcissistic, xenophobic statements you have made that have alienated multiple fellow travelers. Personally I can't decide if you are trying to be funny and failing misserably, trolling for conflict or are genuinely sociopathic and have no idea that what your saying will offend a shit load of people. So all these little snarky comments, in particular the mental health and racist shit, add up sweetheart and once the pressure hits that certain point even the most sane and rational person is going to explode. With this in mind the smarmy, cavalier way you throw around how easy your quit was while seeming to put down those who have not had that joy is often the straw that breaks the camels back because that hits personally.

3) Banging on an on about how easy your quit was does not help newbies or fellow quit buddies who are struggling... makes them feel pretty crap about themselves actually.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

People alienated because of things i say? You are giving me way too much credit. Don't no one here give a damn what I have to say.

Do you really think some members are like "Well screw this, JB is (a mean person) so I am leaving". Doubtful.

About the easy quit - The reasons mine was not real bad are -

I smoked "roll your own" (ROY) using a machine. The tobacco was pretty weak really. Like "stepping down". I think the weaker the tobacco or the less someone uses, the easier it is to drop.

I did have a hell of a time at three months.

I have had failed quits in the past. Not sure why this one stuck, maybe I was just ready to quit. They say you have to be truly ready.

I do not live with or hang out with smokers so the temptation is minimal. I do struggle sometimes.

What i have NOT done or said here is tell others they cannot quit. Unlike smoking cessation products that talk about the failure rate.

I do not want to see anyone give up their Quit honestly. Tobacco eventually kills.

If I seem like a bitch, it is not that i try to be. Just how I have been treated in the past. I have done some dumb things in my past and people have not hesitated to let me know it was wrong. Usually in the form of getting laughed at, yelled at, hit, threats of various types, etc.

Edited by Jetblack
add stuff

Regarding the above posts.

This forum has many people with many differing opinions, as do they all.  All quits are different and folks are going to write about their experiences.  Some folks have less than a soft touch when it comes to what they say.  Sarge comes to mind "easy peasy", as does Bakon, "short bus" anyone?.    We need to have tolerance when it comes to the different styles etc...  No one really wants an over moderated board, at least I sure don't.  That said, if you know it's going to blow up the board if you say it then, why?  Watching fighting on a quit smoking board doesn't help people to quit smoking.  EDITED to clarify that I am not saying that anyone posting here was trying to blow up the board.  Just saying to all that if you know it's going to drive people over the edge then maybe don't?  :64_zipper_mouth:

Given our new membership and the fact that their board is no longer available to them I do think it makes sense to not bash the QSMB, right?  I mean unless you're trying to get Avian's attention...:4_joy:

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Jenny said:

Regarding the above posts.

Given our new membership and the fact that their board is no longer available to them I do think it makes sense to not bash the QSMB, right?  I mean unless you're trying to get Avian's attention...:4_joy:

• Confused 1

well well well seem such a simple question got overly complicated !

Jet if it can save you money why not, you are quit and been so way longer than a test can record nicotine.

I say get some reward for your Quit !

And if you think it is a scam, tell them to blow it out the bark side and not contact you again.

The past is the past, it can not be changed,  lets leave it be, we are on a new day with new horizons

Bless tomorrow it only a day away

Edited by Opah