Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Paul723

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Paul723

  1. Paul723 commented on Vivianne's blog entry in Viv's corner
    A mantra I used was, "Smoking is not an option, so move on." I firmly believe that if you have this as a first thought it will make the process of quitting easier.
  2. Good job johnny5! Thanks for helping with the celebrations. I hope you do something fun.
  3. Change boys face down and girls face up.
  4. Now you understand why we celebrate anyone that breaks free from nicotine addiction. I've read a lot of remarkable stories on this forum.
  5. Knowledge is power. You're doing great abbynormal.
  6. Well done! Congratulations on two!
  7. Wantsit has gotsit! Congratulations on your first year of freedom!
  8. Good Job Hope2Nope! Congratulations!
  9. Great Job! One's good, two's better. Guess what I'll tell you next month? Keep going!
  10. Paul723 replied to jillar's topic in Socializing
    I look forward to the Wednesday newspaper (am I the only one that still gets a physical copy) so I can check out the grocery store sales pages.
  11. Congratulations on Six! Celebrate wildly! You have directly helped so many over the years and many times you were completely unaware of who else you indirectly helped and how (unless they took the trouble to post a thank you for it). Here is an example of you helping you that helped me too, so thanks! I should have said so a long time ago. For a while, I really missed stepping outside for some deep breaths, albeit nicotine-y breaths. Stepping outside for a break, or a look/see, for what to do next, for a Think. Then, I said, 'go outside, you big goof'. Go outside and take some good clean breaths...AND have a think. It is taking me a while to separate a break from a 'smoking break'. but, the ceremony of a break remains. It is an important time, stepping away and now it is smoke free.
  12. Paul723 commented on Vivianne's blog entry in Viv's corner
    The place in your brain that is responsible for your survival on an emotional level is also where the nicotine receptors are located. That's why nicotine addiction is tricky to overcome, your brain without nicotine will often switch over to a survival mode and dump adrenaline into your body. This creates a panic and edgy feeling. What helps is to start recognizing what's happening and use your rational brain to calm yourself. This episode started with a dream. Dreams aren't reality. The reality is you have a kind and supportive boyfriend. The reality is you haven't smoked. Go for a walk to burn off the adrenaline. Have you read about HALT? Your strength is still there. Have you read MLMR journey in the thread Introsucksion?
  13. Congratulations and thank you. I vividly remember the commentaries you would write for the daily NOPE pledge page and give them credit for helping me. I hope you and your wife have a nice celebration!
  14. There are no extra points for making quitting harder. Avoid those that would enable your addiction. Keep going!
  15. Good, stir fry for lunch. What are you having?
  16. Good on ya! Congratulations!
  17. Great Job! Congratulations!
  18. Coffee for everyone! Congratulations on SIX!
  19. I glad to see you made it to one year, I was worried about you. Congratulations! Do something special for yourself!
  20. Congratulations on the first of many years! Good job!
  21. Congratulations! I can't imagine how many you've helped in nine years, I know it's a bunch!
  22. Congratulations on six Mel! I still remember the story about the start of your quit and think of how far you've come.
  23. Good job Gemzee! The last, but not least, of the Summer 2013 quitters.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.