Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

abbynormal

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by abbynormal

  1. Ok, I used to be able to see these things easily, but either my eyes are getting old (likely) or I can't see them on a computer screen (less likely.)
  2. One of my favorite rewards is a new Kindle book. I'm on a tight budget, so I try not to spend too much on extras, but I never feel guilty for splurging on new reading material. It keeps my brain and hands busy, and it is a great escape from the stress of everyday life.
  3. Great job! You are past the first 2 weeks. You should be incredibly proud of yourself! I'm proud of you!
  4. Congrats on 5 years of freedom!!!
  5. Congrats on 9 years!!! That's a tremendous accomplishment!
  6. Congrats Jill!!! You'll be great!
  7. Thank you all for remembering me on my 8 month anniversary! I'm still here. The quit is going strong. My life is a bit of a shambles at the moment, but my quit is the one thing I can count on! Thank you to everyone who helped me celebrate!
  8. Congratulations on your full-term quit!
  9. Congratulations on making it through the first 3 weeks! Those for me were the toughest. You are right--it will get easier as you keep going!
  10. This is an incredible post!
  11. Thank you all so much! I rewarded myself with a day of rest and relaxation. It was much needed!
  12. Thank you so much, everyone! I'm still here and still quit! Many of you know I've been dealing with a ton of stress in my life, with a newly diagnosed illness and a very sick friend. I'm still battling life's ups and downs, but my quit is stronger than ever. In fact, I'd venture to say my quit is the easiest part of my life right now! It's the one thing I'm absolutely sure of. Let that be an encouragement to new quitters. Quitting smoking IS possible, even during times of terrible stress. When life feels out of control, take control of what you can. You can choose to put the cigarettes down. For good. Just put them down and never look back. You'll never regret it.
  13. Thank you all so much!!!! I celebrated yesterday with a little retail therapy and some pizza for dinner. I cant believe the year is almost half over already!
  14. Congratulations on your beautiful, full-term quit!
  15. Congratulations, Lilly! I'm so happy for you!!!!
  16. Lilly, I've been following your quit since day 1. And I'm so proud of you for using the SOS system and making it work for you! I know there are people who believe it doesn't help--that if someone is going to smoke, they are going to smoke no matter what. You are proof that this is not the case. I, too, have used the SOS system successfully. I was one breath away from lighting up, and the encouragement from my fellow quitters shifted my focus long enough that the desperate craving passed. It can work if we let it. As for what other say to you about using NRT, just say this to them... "Have you seen me put anything in my mouth and light it on fire? No? That's because I'M NOT SMOKING!" You got this. I believe in you.
  17. Thank you all! I plan to spend much of the day resting to recover from yesterday's heart procedure, but tomorrow I'm celebrating by seeing Avengers: Endgame! 😉
  18. Nonsense! We Hoosiers have to stick together. (Indiana born and raised. I left in 96, but the Hoosier blood still runs through my veins!)
  19. Aw, JB, I'm sad to read this. But I get it. You wanna talk about relapse...read my profile. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, lit it on fire and smoked it. But that was then. This is now. I have to get on the Quit Train and STAY on. For good. Because I, too, know about serious health issues. Mine are not caused by smoking but rather an autoimmune disease, but my lungs are affected. My body is building up scar tissue in my lungs for no reason at all. And, if I want to live, I need to breathe ONLY clean air for the rest of my life. I can do that. Because I do want to live. So I'm taking the whole relapse option off the table. It's gone. Will I face cravings? Yes. I'm sure of it. Will I give in? Hell no. What will I do instead? Whatever it takes. Whatever it takes. That's what we have to do. I'm glad you're back on the Train. You and your sense of humor have gotten me through some dark days. I would be extremely sad if you weren't here!
  20. I know I've been pretty quiet lately. I'm still here! My quit is still very much intact. I've been lurking but not posting much. I'm going through some very overwhelming health stuff, and my mind is on overload. The thought of smoking popped into my mind briefly a couple of days ago. I dismissed that thought immediately. My autoimmune disease is affecting my lungs, and the thought of breathing in anything other than clean air is repugnant to me now. But the stress...the stress is the trigger. Thank goodness I am strong enough to say "NO!" when the Nicodemon whispers in my ear. Even with all I am going through, I can still say no to smoking. You can, too. I promise.
  21. Can't remember a zanier year. ALLOW
  22. Are my undergarments sufficiently edgy? 😂 SPENT
  23. Congratulations, Dizzy! That's an incredible achievement. I hope you did something to celebrate yourself and your commitment to your quit! :)
  24. I've gotten behind on my pledging, but I'm still here! NOPE
  25. I've read that it takes about a year to face all of your usual triggers. That's because, as @reciprocity said, you have to face all of the changing seasons. It's often called the year of "firsts"--the first warm sunny day after a long winter...the first campfire...the first outdoor barbecue...the first pile of leaves raked...the first chilly day...the first fire in the fireplace...the first snowfall...the first family gathering for the holidays (this will be a tough one for me this year.) These "firsts' can all trigger a craving. And it takes a full year to face the majority of them. It helps me to remember that with each craving I am forming new associations, so the next time I face the triggers it won't be so hard!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.