Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

d2e8b8

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by d2e8b8

  1. Good to see you back L4L. The 2016 group seems to be doing the vanishing/ reappearing act.
  2. d2e8b8 replied to MLMR's topic in Off The Record
    @MLMR I'd have thought 3-year anniversary = 3 pairs of shoes. Very little time to decide on the other 2 pairs.
  3. Congratulations on 5 years Jillar! You have been an inspiration to many of us here. I was having coffee in the backyard and a bunny was playing around quite close to my legs totally unafraid of the human. Guess I can only look at bunnies fondly now. Thank you for everything you do.
  4. Don't know if I can predict what I'd do if I knew I had 4 weeks to live. An extra 2 days may not be that much motivation when in your mind its a choice between living 4 weeks happily doing what you like vs living 4 weeks plus 2 days in withdrawal (or torture).
  5. @jillar so sorry to hear this. I wasn't aware as I was dealing with my own life curveballs and didn't make my way here for some time. You're one of the nicest people I've met (or rather haven't met) and since I was a few months behind you, your journey was an inspiration to me right from the beginning. I know I should probably share my own story of the last couple of years to at least show how it's possible to keep your quit in the face of life because you never know who needs to hear it as it may benefit someone tackle their own challenges but the wounds are still too raw and I'm too chicken to share something so deeply personal. I suppose they're not able to say if you can get better and get off the oxygen any time. I would like to encourage you to go out and live your life regardless of how people react or you think they might react. It's your life to live and make the most of each moment because they all count and they're all precious.
  6. Awesome, Dianne, what a wonderful post.
  7. @Katgirl, you're such a great example. This is how it's done and you're doing it. Well done!
  8. d2e8b8 replied to Linda's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    Linda, you did great! You just beat the demon and proved to yourself how strong you can be even when you're not feeling strong. Your quit is precious and losing it won't help anyone. I think you can be proud of yourself. Please, its better to post here whatever you're going through or feeling than to give in.
  9. @Gus, you have some skills with the pen. That was a very well written story. I used to want to shout out to every smoker standing outside the doors of malls or office buildings that they could quit, they did not 'have to' smoke. Of course, when I was a smoker I never listened to anyone ...
  10. @Katgirl Fresh ground beans are the way to make coffee. Please do read up on the differences between coarse and fine grain for different types of coffee makers. What's your current favorite coffee.
  11. Dianne, nicotine is insidious. It finds ways to attack when you least expect it. 30+ days and you start to feel a little bit comfortable and it will seize that opportunity. Stay alert and on guard. The good thing is that every time you win, you become a bit stronger and it becomes a bit weaker. I used to visualize hitting the craving with a hammer sometimes even shouting 'Die Craving Die".
  12. Awesome Katgirl. It's great that you've decided to quit and share it on this forum. Generally it helps when people stay close to this forum during the early days of the quit when they need most support. The people here realize you're going through one of the hardest things you've done in your life and will be able to offer you the right input and support having gone through the same experience themselves. Stay close here and please share your experiences as well as ask for any support you may need. Please create a ticker so you can see how many cigs you've not smoked. Also, there's a daily NOPE thread where we pledge to not smoke for just 1 day. We take it 1 day at a time.
  13. So awesome to hear Dianne. Isn't it wonderful just to be able to take a long deeeeep breath without wheezing or coughing. You're doing great with the walks. It used to be a motivation for me to run 5 houses down the street without someone calling the paramedics on me (Hello, somebody appears to be dying on the street in front of my house). Please stay vigilant and guard your quit. It's when we start to feel slightly comfortable that the addiction ambushes you.
  14. Robbie, you just expressed the value of this forum so beautifully. That's exactly what it is. This is a group of people that are hard to find in our lives. Btw, during my initial days, I wanted to tell every smoker I saw that they could quit, yes it was possible, there was no reason for them to keep smoking and spoil their health etc. I wanted to shout it out to every smoker - quitting was so big to me.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.