Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

jillar

Moderators
  • Joined

Everything posted by jillar

  1. It's not just the squirrels @Linda Thomas ! Even my occasional snake is strange!
  2. You're in WTF week wantsit and now you know why we call it that. There's something about the 3's, 3 days, weeks, months, that get most of us. Just power through like you did today because it will get better
  3. Maybe now that winter's coming we'll see beazel more?
  4. I have it for the owl that likes to hang out on the power line too once in a while so I don't want to injure them, just give them a sting they won't forget. And really neither can get my fish because I've made it deep enough and with hiding spots. Plus the raccoon can't get them because the sides go straight down and raccoon don't like to swim BUT since getting that bunny........ I may have to find an air soft gun that doesn't need Co2
  5. Yea I know, that's why this bunny is going to be the death of me. I can never tell if it's hawks or vultures cruising over our house so I'm always running out there if I know he's in the yard. But man, I can't always be watching so I'm just going to have to face that at some point if he's gone, he may have got sighted by one. He is about nine pounds we're guessing just by how fat he looks lol.
  6. Thanks for the offer Linda but we have plenty of opossum and raccoons here lol. Along with squirrels, heron, owls and hawks. We even have the occasional snake AND we live in a residential area!
  7. It helped! The brat came out of hiding, so he must have been mad at me for not having his majesty's dinner on time yesterday! Ugh, this rabbit is going to be the death of me lol. Thanks @Lilly too for the positive thoughts Sorry to worry everyone...
  8. Thanks @notsmokinjo, yesterday was ok but today not so good. Sure hoping for the rain, looks like Wednesday we'll get some
  9. Thanks @Lilly, I tell you this bunny is giving me more gray hair by the day lol!
  10. Thanks @Lilly, I'm hoping he just got spooked or is mad at me for being late to feed him dinner yesterday and is under the deck. I guess though at some point since he is a free roaming bunny, I'll just have to accept that either something got him or he found a way out that I didn't know about ?
  11. Just another manic Monday, haven't seen Cocoa since yesterday morning and the Heron was back to pick out a fish. Got my airsoft gun out and the CO2 cartridge had leaked out and was empty. Luckily it scared him away anyway....
  12. jillar replied to Parsley's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    Yes busy is good parsley, it'll help keep your mind off the craves. Thanks for checking back in and yay you for keeping that awesome quit
  13. jillar replied to Parsley's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    How you doing parsley? Hopefully a little better now. There's something about the threes that seems to trigger a lot of us so just power through like it was day 1 because it will get better, I promise
  14. Wasn't beazel stopping in a nice surprise?
  15. jillar commented on Sunshine59's blog entry in redemption3
    What worked for me redemption3 was tricking my brain into thinking it was getting the real thing by smoking my JAC (jillars air cigarette). Just pretend you're holding a real cigarette in your fingers and then go through the motions of "smoking" it. It worked great for me. Some people use cut straws, pens etc. Maybe try that?
  16. Great post kdad, and that's what worked for me too
  17. YAY Lilly! you are through Hell week! And like stated above each week will get easier and easier with a few bad days scattered here and there. BUT we will help you past those bad days Have a great relaxing day, I'm super proud of you
  18. Hi Sandy, welcome to quittrain First, congratulations on half a year quit, that's awesome As far as not having any motivation to do anything, I can totally relate. What works for me is as Jane said above, set your mind to doing one project a day. I've been doing that since I quit and although my circumstances may be different than yours, it's been working well. And it never hurts to get a checkup after we quit. If for no other reason than to hear all the kudos on quitting
  19. I'm really sorry about your dad's passing away yesterday Kate ? Glad you're working on quitting again.....
  20. Can I read that pool boy a story?
  21. Who's Kim or Aggy?
  22. Isn't vinegar supposed to only be used for cleaning floors or windows?
  23. That's awesome reci!
  24. Congratulations on two months quit kdad, that's AWESOME!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.