California Fires - Hope all are safe and well

notsmokinjo

Have been following the wildfires in both North and South California.... always feel some affinity with California (we share some firefighting choppers) during their wild fire season. Sorry its dragging into November for you and hope everyone is safe from these deadly fires. Keeping all, not just our members here, in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping the winds blow the direction the firies want and the rains come to help put the 3 big fires out sooner rather than later and the evacuees can return home.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It's really bad again, a repeat of last year around the Holidays ? Us asthma sufferers are having a heck of a time trying to breathe even though the nearest (other than spot fires) is about 120 miles from us. Thank you for the good thoughts, hoping those closer are safe and their properties spared...……..

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I must say my prayers are definitely with those in California.  Many years ago I lived in Paradise, Ca. and I cannot believe that the town is gone, it truly lived up to its name.  I have not been able to get my head around this!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

No sure if this link works outside Aus.... https://www.news.com.au/world/california-fires-death-toll-set-to-rise/news-story/17a8a9ac2ddad80227c1781b26ac0098

There are 2 fires in the south and one in the North. There are 25 confirmed dead, 1000's forced to evacuate, the town of Paradise has been decimated, Malibu is threatened and the outskirts affected, firefighters are doing what they can but can't really get a lead on it. Stay safe... be prepared and leave early, houses can be rebuilt but if a life is gone then it is gone.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

So if anyone is in California, especially the blokes, and you're wondering what you can donate, because they will be needing donations.... when we have had killer fires here one of the things they have needed, especially early on, is suits... I know it seems weird but there are going to be people who have just lost everything except the clothes on their backs who are going to have funerals to go to. I know its maudlin but I remember from our Black Saturday fires, suits were in desperate need because no one wanted to go to the funerals in jeans and tshirts.... Get in touch with the Salvos (salvation army) or the Red Cross... they will know what they need and where... 1,000s of people have lost everything... surely you can do a closet clean out... or the kids have grown out of clothes... I know doing something like that when you feel helpless to do anything does help a bit.

Keeping all involved in my prayers... just frickin rain already and get these mongrol fires out or contained.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3