Everything posted by brand.new.ela
-
Memories
So proud of you. The trip looks amazing and your commitment and determination are admirable. Great job!
-
Toolbox idea,s for Newbies !!!!
I had peppermint candies! Then there was a lot of water and running
-
brand.new.ela is 1 YEAR Smoke Free
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! It's an honor to receive all those wishes and congratulations. One year ago I didn't know how everything would turn out. It wasn't my first quit attempt, the previous one I blew almost exactly five years ago, sometime in November 2013. Since then I was torn between the feeling of defeat ("I will never be able to quit") and the brainwashed attitude ("I smoke because I enjoy it"). I did write before that this quit started because of a very trivial reson: I got new perfume and wanted to smell like it. And so I decided to stop smoking. And something weird happened: quitting turned out easy! There were cravings, but none that I could shake off, and overall, it felt easier and simplier, and less challenging than any other attepmt. Maybe I was also lucky that this time the cravings were much weaker, anyway, I got a chance and I used it. About a month into the quit my world changed. I was told either to move to an unfriendly country or to leave my job. I left, found another one, I'm unhappy there but that's another story. Some time after that I realized, that old Ela would have used that opportunity to smoke. The brand new one - she didn't. There were stress-related cravings but I didn't want to smoke. And that's how this quit happened, I knew, that if I didn't smoke during that period of stress, I wouldn't smoke ever. And here I am, partying with you Around the 17th day I found QSMB and it was a pleasure to meet all the wonderful people. There were periods when I was silent and those when I was active, but I can say without any doubt, that a community that will support you but without sugarcoating is a treasure. Thank you for all your help, all the useful information and simply for being there! cake and champagne for all!
- brand.new.ela... better have your bags packed....
-
Feeling really...
That’s great! With this attitude addiction stands no chance!
-
Executive Assistant
Great post, great metaphor. Thank you!
-
Tough Day
So sorry, Linda. Sending hugs and condolences.
-
Smoker's To Pay More In The UK !!!
There are also fancy box covers. Yep, guilty. Had a flamingo one ? i always have doubs with those warnings etc. from experience, if people don’t want to quit they won’t, regardless of all the pictures. On the other hand, one can’t just not do anything and just sit and watch.
- brand.new.ela... better have your bags packed....
-
Day 1 Take 4,345,678
Good to have you back ? we are here for you, for any moment of your quit
-
2 weeks baby!!!!!
Awesome!
-
Day 1 again!!!
Lily, first, I am happy and relieved the changes aren’t cancerous. Second, please, treat it as a wake up call. Smoking has done enough harm, don’t allow it do any more, please.
-
still here
You’re awesome! Keep on rocking!
-
d2e8b8 is 2 years smoke free
That’s amazing! You’ll run that marathon, I tell you that!
- Kdad is 1 Month Smoke Free!
-
TobacNO is One Month Smoke Free!!!!
Congratulations!
-
Mark Trail is 2 months smoke free.
Two months is awesome! Congratulations!
-
Kermit is 9 months smoke free!
Congratulations!!!
- Sparkzzz is 1 YEAR smoke Free.
-
still here
You’re doing great. Lack of sleep is one of the nastiest parts of an early quit, I wish it’s back to normal soon!
-
Still hanging in!
Keep strong! You’re doing great!
-
Feeling a little vulnerable
Oh Linda, I’m so sorry. Words aren’t enough in such situations. You’ve had beautiful friendship, it is something to cherish, even through tears.
-
3rd times a charm.....
You’re the active part of the quit, it’s not about hoping and trying ? there are many myths around smoking but you’ll see, you’re stronger than you think and you’ll get even stronger with each crave you beat.
-
control
There’ll come a day when non-smoking is just obvious. You’ll love it ?
-
Day 1 again!!!
Lily, what helped me with this quit was that smoking would not solve the issue. It will not cure my headache, it will not pay debts, it will not amend relationship. Yes, for years we had a habit to smoke when things weren’t right, but they didn’t become right with smoking. I feel for you and hope you’re healthy, but smoking is not the way.