Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Still winning

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Still winning

  1. Joe my friend, I am gutted for how you must be feeling. Early COPD can stay early for literally years though hun. Fingers crossed they give you some solid information as it always seems a bit airy fairy to me. My Mum did a COPD club, where they try and get your lung health improved via fitness, proper breathing etc and you wouldn't have known an issue with most of them. The ones who were suffering, like my mum, were still smoking. So pleased that part of you is done now and we can all concentrate our thoughts and prayers on you for sure. I am pleased you got the back surgery sorted, constant pain is not the one. Your poor wife though. Blimey mate, all in all not a fab day ey. Sending love and strength for you Joe. x
  2. Snowman's called olaf. Frozen toys and outfits litter my house. I know all the words to ALL the songs. I've been to TWO frozen singalongs this year! I only feel ok about this as by default, Chris has been to two frozen singalongs this year and is more traumatised than me!
  3. 40 mins yoga today, pretty hard going as I feel like I haven't exercised forever!!
  4. Welcome runfree. What an inspiring way to quit, just know it's done :) It will help to get some fruit juice and take sips, with no nicotine in your system then blood sugar goes a little out of whack for the 3 days it takes to get all the nicotine out. Here is fabulous of course and I hear good things about Allen Carr. Another site I and others used was whyquit.com and there's loads of great info there too. Look forward to hearing from you. Posting regularly was the difference for me this quit, it would be great to hear from you when you're ready on how you're doing. x
  5. Looking like a long ass mission at around 8/9 months total but mission shitstorm has commenced. Stage 1 of 5 bits of information received and saving for 4/5 months to have rent and deposits etc has also commenced today. I fu cking hate this though. What will be will be ey.
  6. Sure you just dunk them in pickling vinegar don't you? That's how I do shallots (mini onions) anyway. xx
  7. G'wan Jax!! Love it!! :) Happy 4 months beauty and have a fabulous wedding, and many many pics please. xx
  8. I think there have been some messages and she may have huckleberried her good self by default :) If not, Nat, holler!! We can fight over you :) xx
  9. Looking forward to going back to work, hoping part time. Getting my masters and teacher qualification in reiki so the year after I can teach people myself Vague rumblings of my own spiritual business but will need an actual job so maybe a little back burner Getting my living situation to a happier place. Big big year this is!! Loving hearing everyone else's :)
  10. Absolutely right. NOPE for me.
  11. Hey Nat, pleased to see a post from you my friend :) The suggestions above are all good ones and yes, I too was a teeth brusher or avid clearer upper after dinner! I just want to add though. It helped me and so maybe you, to remember they are just triggers. As in, it wasn't a desire in me to smoke...it was simply my brain reminding me that's what we used to do in this situation, and when we woke up, and in the car etc etc. It helped me to get a different plan going at all these key trigger points, a new habit in place to replace the smoking one. It really stopped those craves/triggers quite quickly. Partly learned from failed quits that they all had some sort of point in time I would call "too stressful" and part I got fed up of the constant thoughts. Maybe make your own plan of action of what your new normal will be in tricky situations? xx
  12. I'm so very sorry my lovely Nancy. It goes without saying I will add your sister to my healing circle and raise my prayers for your family. Wish I was closer so I could come over and give you a big hug. Please know I'm available for venting anytime and I really mean that. The other side is modern medicine really is a most wonderful thing. The options now, although harsh, allow every opportunity for recovery. xx
  13. Cool beans, here's mine... 1) Teach "the chosen one" (special Bakon?) how to speak properly. 2) Buy a new dress because i know where "that one" has been 3) Avoid Ohio 4) Resume playing FAIRLY, the chicks and sticks game. My actual resolution is 5) Resolve to get rid of anything or person I wouldn't like Milly or Bella to interact with :)
  14. I like that she didn't need a man to save her. I mean, I'm not a feminist, blokes are good for putting up shelves an carrying heavy stuff and a girl can't live on Bob alone an all...but her sister saves her. Now that's some true love. I like the moral. The songs might not have been so bad if they weren't on repeat play in my house? The words to let it go are actually quite solid advice for kids who may feel outcast or unhappy. but yeah... it's a bit pants as a film lol.
  15. Pleased to hear the site helped you but honestly, more pleased to share our journey together now. Welcome :) x
  16. Love how intertwined our journey has felt, strange but true. Congrats on 9 my friend and really, thanks for being you!! x
  17. Oh lace, double digits, how utterly wonderful!! Still my favourite quit story ever!! Makes me smile and cry.... Congrats on 10 beauty! x
  18. 8,784 onto the fire Inspiring after you passed....exactly as you hoped!!!
  19. They are on holiday with their Dad and grandparents in the wirral, from tomoz until 4th Jan. They will be spoilt silly, seeing all their northern family. Thank you Doreen for my "pool weather report" :) xx
  20. No more forecast then? I worry so horribly when we are parted anyway...part of me knows their Dad is a careful driver and they'd love the sledge plan for sure but I'm a mum...so :) xx
  21. Hey Rowly, Smetimes, you expect something so good that the reality is quite dissapointing. But an e cig business was a toughie, really well done passing it by and staying intact in your quit. Solid work. x
  22. Wendy thinks she has problems...I'm reading thinking, oh I didn't see this and I've answered lol...rum anyone??
  23. Can't do the flash numbers IIII Boom, I'm roman :) 4 to go DD, love it, love you, can't wait!!! x
  24. Buddy, 31 sleeps till the big one!!! 11 months, whodathunkit!! Attaboy. When you doubted...I never did. Forever is too big, today we can do. Vigilance and support, always. You are fabulous, your support to all is amazing. We are lucky you quit, almost as lucky as you and la b!! Bottoms up dahhhhling, raising my glass :) Bugger it, made me well up lol. Love ya man!! x

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.