Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hello. I just quit!

Featured Replies

Hi everyone

 

I just quit smoking today and decided to sign up so I don't go on this journey alone. I have quit before a few times..for a few days/weeks here and there but always seem to come back to buying tobacco and sparking up. My body really wants me to stop, but my brain just doesn't seem to agree. It is such a battle to really understand and accept that my smoking habit is a problem and is affecting my health. As I am not a heavy smoker, it seems that deep down I believe that having a few cigarettes everyday is just not a big deal. But it is as I have been smoking "only a few" for over 20 years! 

 

So I have taken the plunge today and thrown away all my rolling tobacco and papers. Really hope that I am successful this time as I know once I get past this constant urge to feed my addiction, my health both mentally and physically will improve dramatically. I just need a little help to get there. 

 

Thanks for reading/listening!

 

Quitter2016

Hey Quitter...

 

You have just made a very good decision...and you understand that it is a mental adjustment that is the key to being successful.

 

Nicotine IS a drug, and we are all addicted to it. Everyone here is a former smoker and will offer up invaluable advice and support on your journey to be smoke free. Personally, I quit cold turkey about 2 1/2 years ago. My advice to you is to read the resources that have been collected here and educate yourself on nicotine addiction. Look up an online version of Allan Carrs "The Easy Way"... Many members have used that knowledge to be successful...watch the videos posted from Joel's videos...

 

Take advantage of everything that is offered here, and by taking it 1 day at a time, you will be successful!

 

Welcome aboard!

Congratulations on making one of the best decisions of your life;

To be free from the slavery of nicotine addiction !

 

Read all you can and watch the vids like Joe recommends

and post post post.

these tools can insure a successful quit.

 

You are going to love being Free. 

Hi and welcome...you have been given great advice...

Read all you can...knowledge is your weapon..learn all there is about this terrible addiction...

Stay close to the board...we are here to support you all the way on your journey

NOPE----say it again and again and drink juice first couple days

 

Not

One

Puff

Ever

Welcome, Quitter!  There is a lot of great information, here, and a lot of quitters who are anxious to help in any way we can!  Congratulations on your decision to quit!!

Hello!!

 

Welcome!!  We are happy to help you along your quitting journey.  

 

The quit train makes quitting fun!  It really does!  

 

If you have questions or need support or just wanna goof off to get through a craving, we are here.  

 

Post any time and often!  Most of us spent lots of time here on the Board early in our quits.

 

:)

Couldn't agree with Petra more, this is a great community and lots of fun! Just know that we're all in this thing together ;)

  • Author

Thank you all so much for such a great welcome and advice. I will be using the forum regularly 

Welcome aboard Quitter.  Education about your addiction + support + commitment = Freedom From Nicotine.  It's a simple equation that will improve your life in many, many ways.

 

Congratulations on making a great decision for yourself and we look forward to seeing you around more.

Welcome aboard, Quitter! Remember, if you have any questions, feel free to post. And feel free to make use of the SOS board! I relapsed once and wish I had gone to the board instead.

Hi and Welcome!

 

Start your day with promise in the a Daily NOPE thread.  It's good to make it a part of your routine; you'll be surprised at how much it helps.  

Welcome aboard!  The secret to success is never taking another puff.  NEVER.  No matter what.   You got this!  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.