Just put out my last cigarette!

Sarah

Hi Sarah, welcome aboard the Quit Train.

I am a recent quitter as well so can't be very much help, but there are dozens of veteran quitters here who would love to help you keep your quit, give you support and enjoy your company.

• Like 2

• welcome aboard sarah   congrats on quitting  stick close to the board   keeping busy  helps a lot drink plenty of ice water    keep some hard candy handy      learn all you can about nictione addiction    glad to have you aboard  :D  why quit.com has a lot of help ful info 

• Like 2

Hello Sarah....nice to meet you! Welcome!

This forum is a wonderful place, you will meet a lot of inspiring people..I can promise you that! My advice would be....read a lot and get involved, get to know people and let us know you! We all are here because we quit smoking, we all have something in common!

I started smoking when I was 15 and smoked for 35 years ....if I can do that...so can you! It is a bit of a roller coaster!

If you are ready...... “fasten your seat belt” and enjoy the ride!

coaster.gif

• Like 3

Thanks everyone. I hope this all works out. I've quit so many times before but 'he' always tempted me back. Not going to happen this time.

That's the spirit!

• Like 2

Thanks everyone. I hope this all works out. I've quit so many times before but 'he' always tempted me back. Not going to happen this time.

Don't let it!! You are in charge of you Sarah. You are so young that quitting smoking now will permit you to live the rest of your life as if you never smoked. You can do it!

So happy to see you've joined us!! Welcome!

• Like 4

One of my favorite threads here at the Quit Train was written by Jonny5 regarding pre writing your SOS. Check it out if you feel the urge to pick up a cigarette, it has helped me out several times this week.

• Like 5

Hi Sarah, welcome!!

Lots of good friendly helpful folks here... make yourself at home, post and read... and read and post... 

Have fun and enjoy your new life smoke free, if you need a boost getting past a tough spot, shout out to us, you'll find you'll be surrounded with help and support!!.. nice to meet you!! :D

• Like 2

Hi Sarah, Welcome!!! Where in England are you from?  I'm Buckinghamshire.  We have quite a few of us english here :)

Brilliant choice to quit smoking!!  I know this site will help you, the new information is brilliant at pointing you in the right direction. Loads of others swear by the Allen Carr book and the whyquit.com site as well.  I'm a bit confused though, did you quit and go back to it, or are you setting a quit date?? 

xx

• Like 3

Welcome Sarah!  I'll think you'll like this community of quitters!  Remember you are in control at all times.  You can do this.  Read the newbie forum as there is much there to help you understand the addiciton to nicotine. 

So happy you're here!

Hi and welcome on board the wonderful quit train, congratulations on your quit, stay close to the board you will find the support and advice here fantastic, sorry to hear of your split but be strong and move forwards, read as much as you can and educate yourself on the nicotine addict inside.  Looking forward to sharing your journey

• Like 1

Hi Sarah!!

I'm sorry to hear about your boyfriend, but you really have just made the best decision of your life to quit smoking!

I look forward to helping you along on your journey :)

I see you are in England? Where abouts are you?