Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Really Annoys You

Featured Replies

Eww.

Fortunately I don’t see much of that stuff in this part of the land.

I don’t know how y’all do it.

 

 

  • Replies 214
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • People who cheat in counting games...

  • Everything

  • Wee fluffy me
    Wee fluffy me

    People throwing dog poo bags(with contents) up into trees where they hang like Christmas decorations for a bit until they split and by that time they are putrid and ... and....well... you can imagine

After having shoveled the driveway, I'm not sure where I'm gonna put the sh*t that's coming tomorrow!!

Another foot of the white stuff due Sunday. The end of my drive is already 7 feet high. It gets difficult to

throw a shovel full of snow  much more than 6 feet up. I'm not in my 20's anymore :1_grinning:

20v1278.jpg

Edited by reciprocity

P !!!...I'm gutted for ya...carnt imagine ...living in this condition....

We have not seen that much snow in ten years... Or ever....how depressing.... I'm in awe..you come here..

Mr Happy ..go ..lucky kind of guy...

You my  friend....deserve a medal....!!!!!

Well Reciprocity I do think you have the most annoying thing going right now, do not envy you.  

40 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

You my  friend....deserve a medal....!!!!!

No .......... just a new snow shovel :4_joy:

I know one member who, right this minute, is suffering 68 degree weather in Palm springs, CA where she is vacationing.

Tomorrow it will be 76 and sunny. I do not know how she does it.

 

 

Everything melted here in.  Seven foot is time to quit and move. Already lining up a new helmet for early spring I am predicting.  Fudge the ground hog

  • 1 month later...

Today's entry on my list of people I could do without are those who speak in shorthand.  Some dipshit calls me this morning at work and explains that he is a marketing guru who can "maximize our exposure on networking sites such as FB and Insta."  I told him I had never heard of those.  He chuckles condescendingly and says: "you've never heard of Facebook and Instagram?"  Yes...I'm familiar with those, but I'm not familiar with your verbal abbreviations and have no intentions of learning your lazy language.  You're some chucklenut making cold calls not a Navajo code talker.

 

This morning on the radio, there was a guy doing a sports segment.  Last night the Boston Bruins won a game in overtime, but this guy can't be bothered to say all that.  "The BBs get the W in OT!"  Let me guess, the "BBs" weren't wearing uniforms but instead had on their "Unis."

Edited by Boo

22 minutes ago, Boo said:

This morning on the radio, there was a guy doing a sports segment.  Last night the Boston Bruins won a game in overtime, but this guy can't be bothered to say all that.  "The BBs get the W in OT!"  Let me guess, the "BBs" weren't wearing uniforms but instead had on their "Unis."

Oh for God's sake, he wasn't texting, why could he not have just said what happened?

 

Eventually the English language is going to sound more like Punjabi. What does Punjabi sound like? Think of how Woodstock off Charlie Brown sounds.

 

When we had only a 9 key keypad on our cell phones, this abbreviation thing was fine but since the 9 key phones have vanished, so should abbreviating everything.

 

Remember when we were kids and had our asses handed to us when we butchered the English language? No one is perfect but one should at least try.

 

 

Yeah. Theres this lad, calls me pork chop, she murders the english language. I just wanna slap her and be like, lad, get your act together. Get a grip incontinentia buttocks. For real.

4 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

^ Oh you love me Pork Chop stop ya gripin. ?

 

Well.....ok yeah its true, i adore you. You might just be the new pig lover of my life. Sorry piggy nothing personal, we had good times but i feel its time to see other people. Incontinentia buttocks is just rubbing me the good way today. Gosh.

Shhh Pork Chop, I thought we were going to keep a lid on it for a while, break things to you pig lover gentle like. Don't ya think I'm in enough mud thus week. Well its out there now!

Maybe piggy will agree on a threesome?

Pardon me while I vent...

 

So my dad is in the hospital, ICU recovering from a double-bypass.  Most everybody has been extremely helpful and understanding; then there's that one aunt.  You might have one too.  I already explained to her that visitation is limited in the ICU and I would let her know when he gets into a step-down room.  Well by God, she wasn't having any of that.  Comes barging in, against regulations.  First thing she does is wake my dad up to blather on like she does.  He's been with a physical therapist, a pulmonologist, and multiple other people have been in to see him throughout the day.  Finally gets to sleep a bit and here comes the human bullhorn.  Wants to make sure everybody knew she was there because she came "all the way up from Georgia."  It's a 25 minute drive from where she lives and she's making out like she recreated the Lewis and Clark Journey.  Sure there's a man in the room who's just had his chest cut open, but by all means...make it about yourself.

 

The second order of business isn't really an annoyance so much as an observation.  If you're the kind of person who puts a lot of bumper stickers on the back of your car, try to behave accordingly with the messages you are advertising.  I see a lady in a Nissan with stickers reading "Coexist" and "Resist Hate."  Nice messages.  Except for the fact that she was driving like a maniac and road raging.  Wants to spread tolerance and understanding across the globe, but goes into a homicidal rage when she has to share a stretch of Amnicola Highway with other drivers.  Hooray for peace and love and all that other shit.

@Boo glad ya dad's on the mend but don't worry your not alone, we all have at least one relative like that. She probably just wanted a pat on the back, make it a good one...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtOH0kqmHQEb8LCUlfddD

Edited by notsmokinjo

On 3/27/2018 at 1:20 PM, MrTitwank said:

Yeah. Theres this lad, calls me pork chop, she murders the english language. I just wanna slap her and be like, lad, get your act together. Get a grip incontinentia buttocks. For real.

 

You're a cream-puff ..... for real :21_kissing_closed_eyes:

But, I;m afraid it's a NO on the threesome :55_frowning: I'm a 1 person piggy :13_upside_down:

Edited by reciprocity

3 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

 

You're a cream-puff ..... for real :21_kissing_closed_eyes:

But, I;m afraid it's a NO on the threesome :55_frowning: I'm a 1 person piggy :13_upside_down:

Phew.?

1 hour ago, Boo said:

Pardon me while I vent...

 

So my dad is in the hospital, ICU recovering from a double-bypass.  Most everybody has been extremely helpful and understanding; then there's that one aunt.  You might have one too.  I already explained to her that visitation is limited in the ICU and I would let her know when he gets into a step-down room.  Well by God, she wasn't having any of that.  Comes barging in, against regulations.  First thing she does is wake my dad up to blather on like she does.  He's been with a physical therapist, a pulmonologist, and multiple other people have been in to see him throughout the day.  Finally gets to sleep a bit and here comes the human bullhorn.  Wants to make sure everybody knew she was there because she came "all the way up from Georgia."  It's a 25 minute drive from where she lives and she's making out like she recreated the Lewis and Clark Journey.  Sure there's a man in the room who's just had his chest cut open, but by all means...make it about yourself.

 

The second order of business isn't really an annoyance so much as an observation.  If you're the kind of person who puts a lot of bumper stickers on the back of your car, try to behave accordingly with the messages you are advertising.  I see a lady in a Nissan with stickers reading "Coexist" and "Resist Hate."  Nice messages.  Except for the fact that she was driving like a maniac and road raging.  Wants to spread tolerance and understanding across the globe, but goes into a homicidal rage when she has to share a stretch of Amnicola Highway with other drivers.  Hooray for peace and love and all that other shit.

 

Sounds like this episode is weighing pretty heavy on you. I have always found that's when sh*t that doesn't normally bother me so much becomes a flash-point! You're right to vent either here or anywhere you feel safe to do so because keeping that frustration in is not an option. Vent it out where you can without killing anyone :)

Hope things improve soon for ya.

Boo, that really sux. It’s amazing how annoying relatives come out of the woodwork when stuff is happening and their input is least desired. Hope things lighten up. 

@Boo glad your dad is recovering from his surgery and I'm sorry you have to deal with your obnoxious aunt. Like jo said, there's one in every family. My mom just got moved from ICU today after 11 days and not expected to survive and my POS brother has the nerve to say to my sister "who's paying for all this". So believe it or not your aunt is a little higher on the list of people who care only about themselves.

Your dad is going to feel so much better soon so don't let her spoil your and your dad's happiness.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.