Surgery, SED, stopping smoking and turning 50!

JackiMac

8 days into a new quit, 2015 is behind me, 2016 is a new year,  2016 sees me minus a Gall Bladder, was seriously ill towards the latter end of 2015, gall bladder decided to become a small volcano and erupt every few months of 2015, thank god the docs decided "I would be so much healthier without it" , SED otherwise known as AFRID, my son has it, basically has a fear of trying new foods, eating in public, and has to have food prepared only by me and it has to be certain brands, again 2015 was difficult, I am now learning not to stress with him and his eating as long as he is eating, he has a list of safe foods, mainly bread, chips, biscuits, we are seeing a therapist but considering stopping that at the moment as I feel he is too young, main worry is the eating in front of people, but positive is my key word this year.  On another note I am hurtling towards 50, looming this Friday, and all I can think is "where the hell did that come from!

Good to be back xx  oh and I used all the above as excuses to smoke, 

• Like 3

Hi Jackie....sorry you have alot to deal with....life can throw out some crap curve balls...

Smoking never solved anything...my brain had to take this in...I know this now....

Reaching for a killer crutch....only adds to to the problem...

It's a new year...your reaching a fabulous age...let's make it the year you quit for good...

I'm so happy to see back...I've missed you sweetheart...

Xxx

• Like 1

Welcome back Jackie...I've missed ya...

Glad to see you have hopped back on board, and realize the excuses you used to smoke was just that.....an excuse....

Since you have now turned 50, it's time you do something permanent to make yourself feel better.....When I quit 26 months ago, I was 52 and in the 2 years since I have stayed quit, I feel SO much better than I did when I was younger....

Get your mind wrapped around quitting...you are doing this for YOU!

No regrets, nothing but good things to com from it. :)

Stay here and post at least once every day just to let us know how you are doing and that you are still in the fight. We REALLY do care and want you to keep moving forward!

• Like 1

Oh.....and 1 more thing.......

You are not quitting,.....

You HAVE quit!

By saying you are quitting, you are leaving the door open to smoke .....because after all, you are just attempting to quit, so ...

Once you have accepted that you HAVE QUIT, that door is closed......

• Like 3

Guess what Jackie, I had all the window licking excuses too, especially since November but even though I had the eay fall of feeling sorry I CHOOSE my own destiny, left the homegroup, put my feet between the door so they had to find me another place and hell ya it worked out. The homegroup I was offered to stay between going over to my new home was like an adult living in a creche crossed with a North Korean camp to let people jump when they said jump etc,

well last Thursday I left that hell when 2 days prior and weeks prior my therapist kept saying you gotta get outta there asap. So NOW I'n on vacation. In the same town, doesn't matter I am SOOOO happy to make my own choices again.
​I had to turn off the emotion button and lie to myself for a month but I couldn't hang in there. My inner flame was dying. NO I did not smoke, NO I did not self harm (for a long period) and this my sweetie means even though I was in an unbearable situation I played a long as possible but NEVER threw in the towel.
​I considered once lighting one, dismissed in an istant, same with a sticky, or a bottle of alcohol. NO this is my life and and no matter how many people decide to make it hard (back then) it's MY own responsibility how to deal with shit.

So you might wanna throw outta window what bakon says but he's right!!!

​The choice is yours: life will throw dirty hairballs to you but do wanna stand on your own feet and responsibility or will 2016 be another window linking year???

​Trust me you can keep up with this cycle... LONG. I did it 10 years. So when will you stop the cycle of quiting, struggling... feeling sorry, lighting a cig... so on? It's something that can become a pattern on it's own: when you struggle, you smoke, then another struggle and you quit, it is a diversion of your problem... the quit smoking - relapse cyclus CAN be a diversion... when will it be a CHOICE for NOW and EVERY TODAY to pledge NOPE so you don't look for a diversion whenever there's a tree on the road...

​Just trying to make you aware. And YOU my sweetie can be a quiter when you CHOOSE to be a non smoker instead of someone TRYING to quit and repeat the endless diversion cyclus..

​CHOOSE to stand on your own two feet, independend and no one can make you hesitate. Just when are you gonna believe in YOU my sweetie

• Like 1