New home, living with inside smokers

Evelyn

I'm going to live with 5 other people and this is support home for psychiatric / mental help home, which many are allowed to smoke IN THEIR ROOM.
If the person on my level, smoked it will be smelled through the hall, maybe even in my room.

Anyone knows what to do when my room starts smelling as an ashtray?

Ok another point of (small) worry is when we barbecue in summer and they smoke outside, I MIGHT get temped .BUT I don't have any expriences there so trigger will be less and I'll just have to distance me mentally from the smokers, observe them how the need to smoke and i am FREE. Despreatly they inhale, cough,' yummy how noce those cigarettes. Want another one? Me? No thanks I don't smoke' :D

OK and then there's Always NOPE, no matter what NO DISCUSSION!!!

But my cynical conversation above pretty much predicts how it will go... :P

• Like 4

Lemon scents keep smoke at bay Evelyn. Get an oil burner and burn the oils or lemon based scented candles. There is also sprays here that take smells out of furniture and carpets etc. 

I'm sorry you might have to deal with this. But I promise is doesn't always make you crave. Quite the opposite! The smell would turn my stomach and I found it so bad that it actually made me not wanna smoke. 

You will be a beautiful non smoker and may even inspire one of them to quit. Don't worry too much my lovely. You're all good.

x

• Like 3

Yes, get some nice candles and things, they smell so much nicer than stale yucky smoke!

I think when the time eventually does come, you will not be tempted to smoke - you have far too much knowledge and experience to get tricked into it.  and like you say, there is always NOPE!  and us :d

• Like 2

non smokers don't smoke

:)

hate that they are smoking in the house there....candles and open windows when you can...cigarette smoke smells horrible..especially the old, stale smoke....yuk!

• Like 1

You all are right but I should guard my quit that when I feel bad or get in a crisis I don't just walk to my neighbor for a cig; ok that sounds ridicioules because I don't do that now eiher so maybe I'm worrying too much

It's good to have self awareness about it but I would say don't scare yourself about it. You've had many opportunities to smoke Evelyn, you chose NOPE and you speak strongly to others about that opinion. I agree with the thought that you are no longer a smoker. The mindset is changed and it's now a waiting game to cross off all the triggers so the thought doesn't worry you.

Believe in yourself :)  You are doing great.

• Like 1

Marti, Doreen you are right! It's just a new situation where I dunno what to expect that makes me insecure

oh and

Jengel, you would, I do not :P

(can't use quotes and fat letters etc on my laptop)

What if you are such an inspiration that one by one all the other smokers start to quit? What if you inspire others to enjoy all the beautiful benefits of not smoking? You don't have to judge others who are still smoking. Not at all. But you CAN share your story. That's all. Be yourself. Fill your room with lemon candles. Walk around not naked, but NAKEDLY FREE OF SMOKING. I am not saying you should make it a goal to convert others. I am saying...be powerful. You love not smoking more than you ever loved smoking. That's you. Maybe...just maybe...you will be the inspiration for others. Dream new dreams, new stories. That's who you are. You are the Queen of Nope, and your dreams come true. xox PS Love your new place, and all those around you, then watch magic happen, sweetheart!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...